Papa's Hideway Key West

Search

Papa's Hideway Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papa's Hideway Key West

Was looking for an inexpensive place for 3 days in Key west...found Papa's Hideway ...and it's fairly close to Duvall...anyone have any experience with this place....good or bad??
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 12:38 PM

It depends on what you want...it's all the way at the southern end of Duval, away from all the bars/Mallory Square/etc. It's not a bad walk up to all that stuff, but if you're looking for action at your doorstep, I don't think you'll find it there. There is, however, a great beach with a restaurant and beach bar right near Papa's. I haven't stayed there; I've only passed it on our numerous walks down Duval
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Have stayed there before, 2nd floor cottage room. A cute little place at the "quiet" end of duval, if you have a car, the parking on the street is free. Some people are "scared off" by part of the neighborhood (Bahma Village) but don't be....if the Elks Club or whatever that Lodge is near there, is cooking barbecue when you're there, buy a plate to go.....good food.

But if you're looking for the Duval action right outside your door, you'll find better places.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Hey thanks!!! that was helpful...no I want to be close enough that I can go party...but far enough away that I can get some rest..so I think I'm gonna stay there...most other places are twice the price so I was worried!!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Did you check out the Curry Mansion Inn? We love it there. It is on Caroline right next to Duval, and the price includes a great b/fast (everything from fresh juices to pastries to cereal to omelettes) and a complimentary cocktail/happy hour (pour your own!)
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Staying at Papa's Hideaway puts you about 6 blocks from Blue Heaven at Thomas and Petronia for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And 6.5 blocks from Santiago's Bodega, still on Petronia. About 10 blocks to Kelly's on Whitehead for the best margueritas at $2.50 each from 4:00 to 7:00 (plus ($1.50 microbrews). About 4 blocks to the Duval Beach Club all the way north on Duval for Key West Sunset Ales. (This IMO is the "great beach" referred to above and it ain't but for $5.00 you can rent a chair and sit there all day). And about 4 blocks to the Banana Cafe for breakfast.

My new favorite place in Key West is the Rooftop Cafe on Front Street.

Pjk