Palm Desert over Spring break

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like some suggestions of places to stay with my husband and 2 teenage daughters 19 & 16. I don't want a wild place, but would like a place that other teens frequent. We don't golf, but tennis courts would be nice. Not looking for a super expensive resort, but a nice clean place with a nice setting and real nice pool area. Thanks!
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 10:27 AM
jd

We have spent the last 2 spring breaks in April at the Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert. We love it there(our older kids do too). The setting is beautiful, and the pool areas are awesome. We got the best rate (1/2 price) by calling them and asking for their "entertainment book rate". Then go on-line at entertainment.com and print out the coupon. They never did ask for it at check-in.
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks JD ... I'll check it out!
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

JD ... Sorry to be such a pest. However, the entertainment book in the Portland/Vancouver area doesn't have a coupon for the Marriott. Can you tell me what city I should check into. I didn't find anything on the entertainment website either. I can buy a book on line for any city. Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 03:47 AM
jd

Maggiet-The site can be confusing. First put in a CA. zipcode(palm desert is 92260). On the next screen on the very left hand side under travel, click on hotels. On the next screen there is an icon that says Hotels at half price. Click on this. On the next screen type in palm desert, and all the 1/2 price hotels will come up. To actually get the coupon you will need to register for the free 10 day trial. When you call the hotel, ask them what the entertainment book rate is for your dates. Last year when I 1st called, someone told me they were all sold out on the rate. I called at a different time on the next day and that person gave me the rate. So keep trying if someone says they are sold out. Good luck. We just love this resort, and I think your kids will too. It is large, with a lot going on.Let me know if you have more questions.