Oxford Suites - any feedback?

Nov 15th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Oxford Suites - any feedback?

I am starting to plan next summer's trip round the North West and looking at hotels.

Oxford Suites is a regional group that I have no experience of, but they seem to offer a product that is positioned about right for us on the price/quality curve.

Can any Fodorite offer feedback (positive or negative) on this group please?

Thanks, Greybeard
Nov 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM

We have stayed at Oxford Suites in Yakima on many occasions. It is an older high-rise type motel. The decor is a bit dated, but all rooms have a balcony facing the Yakima River. They serve a hot breakfast and an evening snack.

The last time we stayed at the new Hilton Garden Inn in Yakima. Breakfast and other meals are served, but they are not included in the room rate. The rooms are more stylish than Oxford Suites but the location isn't as desirable unless you are attending meetings at the Convention Center.

Silver Cloud is a more popular local chain of motels.
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Happytrails,

Should have mentioned I'm also interested to hear any views on Oxford Suites in:

Pendelton, Portland, Seattle, Spokane and Boise.

Again thanks for any help, Greybeard
Nov 16th, 2006, 06:44 AM

There is no Oxford Suites in Seattle; the property in Spokane has a good location near the Park and Opera House and within walking distance of the downtown retail core.
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:57 PM

I can only comment on the convenience of their locations in the Portland area, and that is to say that they are terrible.

One might try to make a (flimsy) case for the Jantzen beach locale if you want a base for visiting the Gorge and Mt St Helens - but I wouldn't. .

The traffice in and out of the area is terrible as well (especially if there's a bridge lift).

Jantzen Beach is just a sprawling shopping center where people from Vancouver, WA go to shop w/ out spending sales tax.

The only redeeming quality about Jantzen Beach is that the Portland City Council seems to have blocked a proposed Wal-Mart there.
J
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:00 PM
samting

Stayed in Oxford Suites many times...very good, I thought. the one in Spokane was excellent. A large room, king bed, with a sitting area overlooking the town center. Go for it.!

Dec 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM

I've stayed at the Oxford Suites in Pendleton. It was fine, both quality and style-wise. Clean, and with an indoor pool.

My only word of caution would be to request a room on the parking lot side of the hotel. The hotel is situated right by the I-84 exit for Pendleton, and you get a lot of fast truck traffic in that area. I ran the fan all night just to have white noise in the background over the interstate hum.