Outrigger Reef on the Beach?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Lisa

Outrigger Reef on the Beach?

Hello,
Any comments on how the outrigger reef on the beach is?
Any experience on how the partial ocean view is from this hotel.

Thanks

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Lisa

Actually I wanted to say that this hotel is on Waikiki Beach.

THanks

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Nancy

We stayed at the Outrigger on the Beach 2 years ago and we were pleased with it.The pool is nothing great and the beach is much better down by the Hilton Hawaiin Village which I think is the place to stay on Waikiki Beach.IThe Outrigger has an open air lobby and is pretty and the concierge service was great.There is a restaurant nearby the lobby that has
waterfalls which added to the atmosphere,but if I had to do it over we would stay at the Hilton Hawaiin Village.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:58 PM
pj

Stayed at the Reef 2 years ago for honeymoon in partial ocean view room. Loved it. Actually they upgraded us since we were honeymooners and we got all sorts of freebies. Treated us great and the hotel was very nice. Would definitely stay there again. The beach out front is great but the beach by the Outrigger Waikiki and the Royal Hawaiian are where we laid out most. Nicer sand and the best part of Waikiki Beach. The Hilton Hawaiian Village is a little out of the loop so to speak. Not part of the other hotels on Waikiki beach.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Paul

Didn't stay there but spent a lot of time at the Shore Bird Bar - nice little bar for tropical drinks and the obligatory guy playing Hawaiian songs. Very relaxing.
The Shore Bird Restaurant is cool too -- you cook your own steaks. Saw a few surprised people there who didn't realize that after ordering and being presented with a slab of raw meat <g>....