Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort Through Priceline

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying here for 4 days and wanted to know more about this hotel from people who have stayed here. I called up and requested the kind of room I wanted and a crib for my 1yr old. The woman answering the phone was so grumpy and unfriendly I hope she does actually put in my "request". She could not tell me the kind of room I am getting in terms of view from the room. She kept telling me to go ask Priceline. Now as you know, Priceline doesnot give an option about room views or number of beds. SO frustrating!!! I am gonna be cautious now while booking for Hilo.

Please write back any good stuff (and bad) that you know about this hotel.
Not feeling so upbeat at this moment
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM

We enjoy the reasonable rates, and location of this one of a kind, modest hotel a few miles south of Kailua Kona and recommend getting the breakfast buffet along with booking your room, as you will need to drive a few miles to reach other dining options.

KBR gets mixed reviews, we have stayed there a few times and most rooms have their own lanai and we always insist on a partial ocean view or greater room when booking. The ocean front rooms and partial ocean view rooms on the south side of the hotel are awesome in terms of the view of the tidepools below. Suspect the garden view rooms nearest the parking lot will experience more vehicle related noise. Pool is very simple, without a slide, snorkeling at nearby Kahalu`u beach park is really good and only a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM

We stayed there last month and agree with everything JohnD wrote. It is a very nice and comfortable place, but if you are looking for a high-end luxury resort, go somewhere else.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
tmt

We stayed at the Outrigger last July/Aug and loved it. We got a great price with the entertainment card. If you are putting a crib in the room, you might have wanted to make sure you had an extra large room.

Snorkeling first thing in the morning is a must ...right outside the back door!

Non one was grumpy at all - we didn't ask for much from them. I thought that the breakfast buffet was too pricey. The intro to Hawaii meeting that is offered with some breakfast food is okay, but barely coffee and a muffin.

The Keauhou shopping mall is close enough to get most of what you need and gives a good view of the ocean.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 12:36 AM

did you book using the "name your own price" feature on PL or their regular booking site? becuz if you used their regular booking site, you should've been able to choose your room category.

if booked by "nyop" feature and you really want that ocean view or bed type, be nice at check-in without being annoying. or get PL to cancel (easier nowadays then in the past) due to your inexperience with PL and rebook directly with Outrigger.