Orlando-what is the best thing to do in Orlando for kids 10,9,6

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide what theme parks and the best ticket prices for our visit in June 09. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Flex ticket Universal, Island, Sea World, Aquatica, and Wet N Wild. Really expensive?? What to do? Daughter will be at Magic Kingdom marching in the parade other than that theme park I am in up in the air on what to purchase and the best price... Please help!
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:26 AM

It really depends on what your kids like to do. Do they like:

Thrill rides
Movies
Animals
Disney characters
Water parks

without knowing what your kids like to do it would be impossible to give suggestions.
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM

If your kids like thrill rides, the Islands of Adventure will be their dream theme park. Check to see if the 6 year old is tall enough to ride most of the rides: http://www.universalorlando.com/amus...adventure.html

A water park is a good idea in June, if you're not accustomed to the heat/humidity of Florida's summer.

How many days will you be in Orlando, and as gmoney asks, what are your interests?
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Your 6 year old may not qualify for many of the thrill rides - so I would be sure to include other types of activities. I think Sea World is great for everyone (all vacations should have an educational component - so matter how painless). Disney Magic Kingdon should be good for all the kids - although at times you may need to break up - older kids on thrills and younger on something tamer. But all the kids will enjoy many ridesirates of the Caribbbean, Haunted House etc.
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

actually the three aren't thrill seekers but seem to suprise me at times. They love movies and water parks. I on the other hand with my older daughter which will join us on the 13th of June love any kind of coasters... Does anyone know if Universal still has theWoody Woodpecker zone? Along with buckets of water (cool zone)? Was there along time ago.
Thanks for all the help!
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:39 PM

My wife and I took our 12 year old son to WDW last summer and we really enjoyed Animal Kingdom. There's so many different things to do and enjoy including a safari ride. Seeing the Tree of Life for the first time will take your breath away.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM

My family loves Sea World. Have 2 boys (8,5). It's great during the summer because there is lots of shade and most of the shows/attraction are covered or indoors. Plus they do have a kid zone where the kids can play in the water and get cooled off....or you can always sit in the splash zone at Shamu. Make sure you go to "Pets Ahoy".