Notices

Disneyworld questions

Old May 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disneyworld questions

We are planning a 7-day trip to Disneyworld. Gma, Gpa, Mom, Dad with 3 children - ages 7, 5 and 1. As we will be staying at Celebration World, we're hoping we can go, leave for a while and then go back. With the age groups as noted, what would be a reasonable itinerary? Would you recommend 2 days at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Seaworld. We've been to Epcott and don't feel that we'd go there because it seems like it would be for older children. We've never been to Magic Kingdom in Florida nor have we been to the water park. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When my husband and I went a few yrs ago we went to Pleasure Island (nightclubs for adults?) and found it really entertaining.
Thanks for any assistance.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:15 AM

Definitely plan your days so you can leave the parks and go back. I've been there with kids - it's better this way. Even for us adults, in the heat, it's just refreshing to come back to the pool for a couple of hours to cool off. Cuts down on the crankiness of all.
Magic Kingdom is the best bet for little ones. I agree with your comment on Epcot being more for older kids. I think the same thing for MGM. But you can always purchase a park-hopper (if they still offer these) and it lets you move from park to park in the same day. So you can just head to one of them for lunch or dinner and maybe a ride or two. Your kids are pretty close in age so you won't have to worry about splitting up for different rides; and this is good for the water parks as well. You'll have a great time with the whole family. We always did!
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM

Your plan sounds great. MK is a 2 day event for kids in that age range. Seaworld is more relaxing and a must do for kids that age. Have a great trip.
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM

I love Seaworld the most. It is wonderful.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:08 PM
JJ5

Sea World is great.

Just a thought, but there may be some features of Animal Kingdom or MGM (like the Honey I shrunk the kids playground type things)that may work out better than 2 days at Magic Kingdom.

Read the Disney sites about what's there. It's just a thought, especially with 4 adults. Animal Kingdom's "It's tough to be a Bug" etc. They would LOVE that. And it's also stroller central, many many very small kids with all the characters and not as dated either.

I bet you find that you don't do two days at Magic Kingdom, especially if you've been to Disneyland in CA.

Old May 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
JJ5

And if you like to swim with the kids, have 8 adult eyes to watch and if it is very hot- I would opt for some of the water parks done on the package deals.

Typhoon Lagoon is one, I can't remember the name of the other. I remember a man floating the lazy river for an hour with a sleeping baby on his stomach. I couldn't believe it.

If they are sick of walking and shows, the tide pool and kiddie pool features are a break.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM

Check out: http://www.allearsnet.com/

They should be able to help you decide which parks to do. I don't have kids and don't particularly like Animal Kingdom, but my friends that have kids more often than not say it was their kids' favorite park at the end of their trip.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM

The family slide is much better at Disney's Blizzard beach than at Disney's typhoon lagoon. Both water parks have good children's areas. The slides are more exciting at Blizzard Beach but Typhoon lagoon is prettier, has the new Slush 'N Gusher water coaster and the snorkeling thing.

Don't buy the Water Fun & More option with your Disney ticket if you are only doing one water park. It is only worthwhile if you are doing two or more water parks.

When are you going to Florida? If you are going in the summer, you'll definately want to have a good touring plan. tourguidemike.com is an online service with touring plans (about $20). The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World is a book with touring plans. buildabettermousetrip.com does custom touring plans & reservations.

Check around for discounts on your Sea World passes. I believe there is a AAA discount. Check mousesavers.com - also look at ticketmania.com, mapleleaftickets.com or undercovertourist.com. You can even type in "sea world coupon" in the eBay search engine and you should be able to get a coupon for about 99 cents.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:32 PM

I recommend this to every one with kids because we enjoyed it so much. There is a free Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale at the WDW Fort Wilderness Campground. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney cast member (if you've seen "Barney", you know these songs) and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2, s'mores kit is around $5). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.
We did this with our daughters and they loved it.
The campground also has a free petting zoo and pony rides (about $3 each) that close earlier in the afternoon. These are in the "Settlement Trading Post" area. The "Trail's End Buffeteria" is considered one of WDW's best values for a meal. If you have a free day (or your arrival day), you can go early and see the petting zoo, get a nice supper, and then head over to the Sing-Along.
You can also rent boats or kayaks from the Marina. I believe there is a walking trail too.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:46 PM

There are two Disney waterparks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. There is also Wet-n-Wild in Orlando, which is not Disney.

www.disboards.com is a great message board for all things Orlando. I've been hanging out there for the past month while planning our trip (coming up next week! yay). Those people are NUTS for Disney and you will get great info.

You probably know this, but Sea World is not a Disney park, and therefore is not covered by any Disney ticket plan.

Universal Studios has their own version of Pleasure Island now. It's called CityWalk, with restaurants and clubs. You might try that as a Pleasure Island alternative. If you have an Entertainment Book coupon book (sold for my localities and also for Orlando), there is a coupon in the middle for free dinner and a movie at CityWalk. The coupon is in all editions, not only the Orlando version.