Orlando- taking taxis

Search

Orlando- taking taxis

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando- taking taxis

So- coming to Orlando for a conference! I do not want to rent car since I will not need one at all. Around how much is a taxi from airport to Peabody/Convention Center? And how much is taxi from there to Disney World? How about from hotel (Peabody) to outlet shopping?
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM

I always rent a car when I go to Orlando (fairly often as I have a son in college there). I watched lots of guests at our various hotels arrange cabs and it seems to be expensive--the quotes always seems to be at least $40 to take a cab anywhere. the last time I was there gas was at least 60 cents /gallon cheaper so i can only imagine how high the fares are going. You can usualy get a good deal on a rental car. Look at some of the disney focused websites, like mousesavers.com for some tips on good rental rates. also, see if your hotel offers transportation from the airport. FYI-most of the major rental agenecies are right on site at the airport-you just exit the terminal, and walk across the street to the on site rental ramp.
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM

one more thought-if you dont want the car for your entire trip, consider doing the things that require transportation on a copule of consecutive days and just rent a car for part of the time. Lots of rental places have off airport sites and some even deliver to you (Enterprise i think still does0
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM

DisneyWorld is nowhere near downtown Orlando /the Convention Center. Nor is the airport near either one. I really encourage you to rent a car - they're incredibly cheap and getting cabs all the time is wasteful of both time and money.
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM

I completely agree with nytraveler.

You will pay more in taxi fares than the cost of an inexpensive rental.
If not Enterprise, consider Thrifty.
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:07 AM

beachbride,

You can rent a car at the Peabody if that's where you're staying--I believe the agency is Hertz. Consider hotel parking fees if you rent a car for the duration.

Mears offers roundtrip shuttle service from the airport to the Peabody for $17 one-way, $28 round trip. There's a link on the Peabody website.

It's a beautiful hotel--we've stayed there before and DH is there now--enjoy!