Orlando hotels

Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Orlando hotels

I have options for a convention of the Peabody Orlando, the Rosen Plaza and the Rosen Center. Are any of these attached to the convention center? Which is closest? How do these hotels rate?
Thanks
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:20 AM

They are all located adjacent to the convention center, none are actually attached. All are easily walkable. My choices would be:

1) Peabody
2) Rosen Center
3) Rosen Plaza
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM

I have stayed at the Peabody and enjoyed it. My parents have stayed there a few times. Would recommend it.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:54 AM

Another vote for Peabody! Stayed there a few years ago and was impressed.

Rosen hotels do look nice, tho...
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM

Haven't stayed at the Peabody. The Rosen (not sure if it's the Plaza or Center, though) is across the street from the convention center. It's a very nice hotel. I've stayed there three times for conventions and have never had any issues.

But I don't think you could go wrong with any of these.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM

We've stayed at the Peabody 4 times for my spouse's conventions. DO make sure you wait until arrival to buy theme park tickets. Mears shuttle has a small section in the hotel where you can get discounted theme park tickets as a conventioner. Universal was $25pp cheaper than walk up rates and Disney was less too. I was bugged because we didn't realize until the last day we could get the conference-hotel discounts.

Finally, you can sometimes get the Peabody cheeply on Hotwire by matching the icons to the vacation package. All the rest of the travelers during the last convention paid $300/nt and we paid $104! There was no Hotwire stigma. The people next to us paying rack rate at check in got the same accomodation we did. Hope this helps.