Search

Orlando, FL Universal Restuarants?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando, FL Universal Restuarants?

Hey,
Can anyone tell me the best (if possible) restuarant in the Universal Studios Park. We will be there mid July. If you have any tips for orlando or places you have found that you love please list them too ! Thanks
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Universal has two parks--Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. In Universal Studios, we really enjoy eating at Lombard's Landing. In Island of Adventure there is MYTHOS. This is my favorite restaurant. There are many restaurants in City Walk which is between the two parks. We like the Latin Quarter, Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville. Go to www.usoinfo.com to learn a LOT more.
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM

Mythos is great! Best meal we had in our week in April (and we ate out alot, in Disney and Universal areas). I think it is my new favorite at either park and City Walk. Emeril's is good at City Wlak- but I would skip the new Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacfic Hotel. We had a very expensive, and mediocre at best, meal there in Arpil. I was very disappointed.
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 02:28 PM

Mythos is the best!! Last time we went to Margaritaville it was very disappointing. NBA restaurant was ok, kids liked it. Some of the hotel restaurants are good too. Emeril's was good, but not that great. Expensive too.
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 02:45 PM
emd

Carol, you are right- Emeril's was expensive, but it is good- however, not a good place for kids of any age until teen years- and only then if they are goign to really appreciate the food IMO. We also ate at Boma in the Anmial Kingdom Lodge and liked it- it is buffet style. The nicer dining place in Animal Kingdom Lodge (I am blanking on the name now- I think it starts w/a "Z"?) is supposed to be very good also, but I have not been there. Some say (eg. lilmsfoodie on this board) that that place has the best food in Orlando.
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 06:54 PM

Ate at the HardRock in April. I think it was the worst food I have ever had in my life!
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM

emd....you are thinking of Jiko's. I have eaten at both Boma's and Jiko's and preferred Boma's! Our whole family really liked it(we have two older teens). There are many wonderful restaurants at disney.(more than Univ) But Mythos is my fav there.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Emiril's on City Walk is the best at Universal. It is sort of expensive ($60/person) but serves good food and will be a memorable experience. I suggest getting reservations if going for dinner.