Restaurants in Disney Theme Parks

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling with a group of ten this weekend to Disney, any moderate priced restuarant suggestions???
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:02 AM

Check the restaurants board at www.disboards.com for lots of restaurant info. Which parks are you going to be visiting and what is your hotel? With more info, I, and others, can make better suggestions.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:06 AM

Hi JoBeach. I'll try to help you with your restaurant search but it might help if we knew if you plan to go to all the parks, if there are children in your group, if you like simple food or something more adventuresome. Most of the restaurants at the theme parks would be considered moderate by me, with the exception of a couple in Epcot.

You can see for yourself by checking this site.
http://allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

The menus of the various restaurants are printed here and there are some pretty funny but accurate reviews.

I like Brown Derby in MGM Studios. It is more entertaining for adults however but they have a great Cobb Salad for which the original is famous. I

I have yet to have a good meal in the Magic Kingdom but I am sure many recs will be made by others for this park, especially if you have little ones in tow. With kids, I put my foodie persona aside and just go with the flow.

Epcot provides many opportunities for dinner. Le Cellier (Canada) might bring a cool respite from the heat of DisneyWorld this time of year. The same with the Mexican restaurant, San Angel Inn. I'm not impressed with the food here but the atmosphere is wonderful on a hot day.

If you give us some more detailed information about your plans, I am sure you can get some better recommendations that will please you. LMF

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:07 AM
emd

What is your definition of moderate? Moderate on the outside world is not the same moderate at Disney. With ten people, you might want to try the very good buffet at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Everyone will surely find some foods they like, and it is a good place for seating a party of that many. BUt you should call for priority reservations now whereever you go - do not try to walk in and have dinner w/10 at any Disney property without priority reservations. You will sit and wait for a long long time.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 07:01 AM

I was all set to recommend a couple of places in Downtown Disney, but then I did a state screen. You're indeed talking about the Orlando DisneyWorld parks.

Please, posters, bear in mind that when you say "Disney" it's ambiguous. After all, there's the Orlando park, then there's the old original park here in California....