OR wine country restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everybody on this forum was so helpful last Fall when I asked for a romantic hideaway. I choose the Black Walnut Inn on your recommendations, and now I'm looking for more help. What is the most romantic (setting, food, wine, etc.) restaurant in the wine country? I'm leaning towards the Joel Palmer House, but I'm open to your suggestions. Also, since we're spending 2 nights there, which is your favorite French restaurant (Bistro Maison, Cuvee, or ??). Thanks so much for your help.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 11:07 AM

Joel Palmer House is a good choice, especially if you love mushrooms. Another place that's made a big splash in the last couple years is Painted Lady, in Newberg: http://www.thepaintedladyrestaurant.com/. Very good food, but maybe not quite the setting you're looking for.

I haven't been to Bistro Maison, but can confirm that Cuvee would be worth a visit. I wouldn't put it in the same league as Painted Lady, though. Have you considered going into Portland?
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM

We very much enjoyed the Joel Palmer House last summer. We enjoyed several different things. The mushroom tart, the mushroom soup, a caprese salad, the Sea Scallops, a pasta entree for my daughter and we also enjoyed two very good desserts, the creme brulee and the Peach Purse which was beautiful in presentation. Service is very, very good, you will be truly pampered here. Enjoy! ***kim***
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM

There are some very good restaurants in this area. Most of them more casual, but a few fine dining.

I have not been to the Joel Palmer house as I can't do mushrooms, but it gets mixed reviews from the locals. Some like it, some say it is overrated.

Beachbums suggestions of Bistro Maison and The Painted Lady are very good. Another option is Red Hills Provincial, which is on the north end of Dundee.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replys.
Beachbum - I'm going to do Portland by itself this summer. I'll be back with more questions then.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Oh Larry, are we gonna have advice for you when it comes to Portland !!

So glad you will be staying at the Black Walnut Inn, this trip you have planned is sounding most romantic and enjoyable. And having such great advice from beachbum & mms, who live so close to the area you are asking about, will no doubt help make your trip just about perfect!

I will look forward to the Report which is mandatory, you know