Notices

One Night in Southern California

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Night in Southern California

In my last post, people convinced me that if I only have one week in Southern California, then I should stay south of LA.

So here is what we will be doing. Flying into LA on Saturday, staying three nights in La Jolla at the start of the week, and three nights in Laguna Beach at the end.

Could use some suggestions for where to stay the one extra night in the middle. Some options we are looking at are downtown San Diego and Dana Point. Just looking for some down time, enjoy walking and taking in the scenery.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM
hsv

I'd add the one night to either La Jolla or Laguna Beach.
Downtown San Diego is an easy drive from La Jolla (about 15 min.)
Dana Point is an easy drive from Laguna Beach (approx. 15 min., too).
Total driving time between La Jolla and Laguna Beach via PCH and the mandatory bit of I-5 through Camp Pendleton would be about 45 min. to 1 hour.
I don't think any option is worth the hassle to check out of your hotel and back into another.
And there is no need to split the trip between La Jolla and Laguna Beach either.
Have a great time!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 09:21 PM

As a Laguna Beach native, spend the extra nite in either La Jolla or LB. They are an hour drive apart and not worth changing hotels three times. In fact if you REALLY do your homework, you might shave off the extra day moving fora 1 nitestay in the middle and add it to the first stop or second, depending on your tastes and interests= 4-3 whatever.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:45 AM
ltt

i'd add it onto your stay in la jolla. there is so much to do in san diego, you can easily occupy 4 nights. not worth changing hotels for one night considering the small area you are travelling. have fun.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Santa monica or Marina del Rey on your final night if you want a quick ride to LAX.