Omni Tucson

Old Dec 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omni Tucson

I am wondering if anyone here has stayed here recently. We are planning to go to Tucson mid-March & bid on Priceline for rooms. The Omni is the lowest price but apparently they are undergoing renovations & I am wondering how bad it is. If we have to go full price any suggestions for a lower priced resort, don't need golf. Maybe Hacienda del Sol?
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM

Topping to see if you did the Priceline thing and what results you got. We are contemplating PL for a Univ of AZ visit to Tucson over President's Day weekend in Feb and have been contemplating strategy. Please reply with your experience, if possible. Thanks!
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 11:58 AM

I played golf at the Omni two weeks ago. The golf clubhouse, driving range, and parking area are a wreck. I do not believe you can see the mess from the guest rooms. I didn't see the pool, so I am hoping the pool is out of the devastation zone.

I wouldn't book anything without understanding if you are in range of the construction and if it impacts the things you want to do.
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Aliska - I have not booked yet. I suppose its worth a call to the Omni to find out where the construction is exactly. Let me know what you get if you bid. Stumpworks, thanks for the info!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Stumpworks, I noticed on another thread that you have stayed at Hilton El Conquistador. Have you seen their waterslide? What do you think of the resort? Thanks, Betsy