Off season in Hawaii?

Search

Off season in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off season in Hawaii?

Is there an off season in the Hawaiian islands? When is the best time to go? Less crowded and cheaper rates... Planning for 2006
Thanks
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 11:10 AM

The best value can be had from about now until just before the Thanksgiving break in November. After Thanksgiving until around mid December is also cheaper. Prices go down again for about 6 weeks beginning in May through mid June.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 01:08 PM

The hotels tell me that their slow season is still September, despite having Aloha Festivals.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 01:25 PM
bonniebroad

The official high season, according to the travel guides, and what hotel reservationists have told me, is from about a week before Christmas through Easter. That's when you probably won't be allowed to use the Entertainment Card, or get some of the discounts you will the rest of the year. We've always gotten good rates the rest of the year, but from June to mid-August, you will find more families traveling, and must book early to get the best rates. As someone said above, you will find it less crowded from after Labor Day through mid-December or so. We've been in all seasons, and that's what we've found, anyway. Good luck with your planning!

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 01:58 PM

I think this varies from island to island, and even from area to area on each island.

Here on Kaua`i, we slump a little after Labor Day, but we're crowded again by the week before Thanksgiving and lasting through Feb/March (lots of "snowbirds" here from Canada).
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 02:05 PM

While winter is technically high season in Hawaii, our last 4 trips have all been in this season (including one trip over Easter) and I haven't had any problems finding good rates. Prices do not vary dramatically like they do in the Caribbean, at least between winter and low season. Not sure about price increases in July/August as I've never been to Hawaii during that time of year.

Visitor statistics broken down by month:

http://www2.hawaii.gov/dbedt/index.c...rStatistics532
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 04:17 PM

I initially had planned a trip to Maui this Sept 16th, but had to change it to the 23rd. It made quite a difference and found out that Sept 20, the rates change. This seems to be the trend as I usually travel the end of Sept and have noticed that when school is back in for both grade school through college, the rates drop.