Oahu Fly/Drive or Stay last night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, with all of your comments and support over the last few months, I've almost completed our intinerary for our Honeymoon next Sept 2004. THANKS.

One of my last struggles is my new husband wants to see the Arizona Memorial, but our trip does not currently include a trip to Oahu.

We can either do a Fly/Drive package day trip there from Maui or Molokai or fly there on the second to last morning early and stay one night before heading home the following day?

Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:19 AM

I am starting to plan my March 04 honeymoon and have the exact same question! We want to spend most of our time on Maui, but fiance also wants to see Pearl Harbor and Diamondhead, etc. We are flying from the East Coast and have 12-13 days total (including travel days). I'll be interested to see what everyone advises.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Many flights connect through HNL to Maui, Kauai, Lanai, BI, any chance you can talk him into a return trip for your Anniversary?
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:54 AM

It depends on how much you want to do on Oahu. If you're planning to see the memorial only then a day trip is fine. If you want to do other stuff like Diamond head, I think it will be easier to fit in if you stay one night. BTW both of those activities are best in the early morning.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Hi! I just returned from my honeymoon last week! It was paradise!!! We went to Maui, Oahu (for only one day), The Big Island and Kauai. Oahu for a day is a must! We were hesitant about it at first, but it is worth it. We flew from Maui to Oahu for just one day. We toured the Arizona, the Missouri, Waikiki Beach and stopped at Diamond Head. The Arizona and Waikiki Beach were my favorites. The Missouri tour and Diamond Head were okay. Go to Oahu!!! You just can't go to Hawaii and not see Pearl Harbor. It's an easy one day trip and you'll have no regrets! Have fun!!! I miss it already!
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 11:23 AM
May

Absoutely worth a day trip or overnight if you can swing it. We spent the first two nights of our 12-night May 2003 honeymoon in Waikiki. Pearl Harbor is very moving and we would not have felt our trip to Hawaii was complete without going. That being said, we are glad we went in the beginning of the trip because we got the crowds, lines, & scheduled part of our trip over with. We were still hyped-up from the wedding so meeting a tour, standing on lines in the heat didn't matter much. It was one of the highlights of our trip and I am so glad we got a glimpse at what Oahu had to offer.

Honestly though, it was so nice to decompress afterwards and be beach/pool bums and really just relax. Post-Oahu we had very few cares except having to reapply our sunscreen,

P.S. It was nice not having to change flights after the 12-hour flight from the Newark. You can go right to your hotel. If you stay in Oahu, I highly recommend the Halekulani (http://www.halekulani.com/home.html).
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

It would have to be at the end of our trip - heading back to the mainland, as we are getting married our second day in Hawaii (on Kauai). Our trip just seems to be growing. Originally is was 18 days - if we stay in Oahu for the last night it will be 21 days. Maybe flying in early on day - mid-trip, going to Pearl Harbour and then driving around the island for the day and then head back over to where our hotel is would work okay.