Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

NYC: two separate event suggestions needed (Sweet 16 and Bachelorette)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm helping to plan my niece's Sweet 16 birthday outing in NYC and also a friend's Bachelorette party, also in NYC. Can anyone provide dinner or other suggestions for each of these events? I'm not that familiar with NYC and I imagine the 16 year olds won't enjoy the same places as the 30 year olds.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 03:56 AM

It would help to know

1) How many people will be attending each
2) What your budget is
3) Any specific ideas - are you looking just for a meal? do you want music or ??? Do you want a private room?
4) Where are people coming from/ Is any place in Manhattan OK?
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM

You should ask these questions on the Chowhound Manhattan message forum because people over there field these questions all the time about best venues for Sweet 16 events, bachelorette parties, etc. But you will need to supply the information requested about budget, group size, etc

You can also do a search of the boards for previous threads and find reports from people who threw parties and how they rated the service, food, etc at recommended places.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

About 8 people for the sweet 16 and 10 people for the bachelorette party. I'm looking for more that restaurants, that's why I didn't go to Chowhound, looking for ideas on cool things to do for two different age groups. Fodors members always know everything!

Anywhere in Manhattan is ok and budget is around $100-$150 a person. I don't have any specific ideas, just looking for creative suggestions. Can be anything, dinner, show, etc.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM

Is the sweet 16 all girls or mixed? Do they live in Manhattan, the boroughs or the 'burbs? Are they sophisticated? Is it night or day?

Similar questions for bachelorette. Where are the women from? Is it a weekend or just a party? day or night?
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:28 AM

For my friend's bachelorette party in NYC we went to this place Fix Beauty Bar (www.fixbeautybar.com) and we got blowouts and manicures while they served us (free) wine and mimosas. It was a good time and the prices were extremely reasonable for NY. I was thinking it would be a cute idea for a Sweet 16 party too (minus the drinks)
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM

We hosted a 21st BDay party for DD and 10 friends at Sushi Samba 7, avout three years ago. It worked out perfectly.

I was managing it from another state, and was really impressed with how nicely the restaurant's event manager worked out all the details for me. I gave her a budget, she gave me menu choices, and the party actually came in under budget. A large table on the rooftop was reserved for the party.

DD said they were given comp champagne cocktails to start, and there were so many delicious food items brought out, she was amazed.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM

You didn't answer where the attendees live and I do think it makes a difference if they're jaded Manhattanites, Brooklynites, sophisticated types from the 'burbs or folks who don't come to NYC very often.

A lunch/brunch or dinner cruise is one idea. Gold star.com is a website that gets discounts for these. You might do better for a group party table, but you should know what prices are being offered on discount.

http://www.brguesthospitality.com/Be...rk_Restaurants have different places throughout the city. I think all have private rooms and they're well organized for private parties.