Search

nyc restaurant help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:40 PM
lsb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nyc restaurant help

I am going to NYC to celebrate my birthday with my family. We are going to see Fiddler on the Roof and we are staying at the Kimberly. I need a restaurant suggestion in the vicinity of either the hotel or the theatre district. My kids are ages 10 and 13. They are well mannered but not adventerous eaters.They eat Italian ,chicken or steak. I do not want a theme or chain restaurant but something like Foley's Fish House where I can eat an adult meal but they will also be happy. My budget is about $180. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:58 PM

What about Rock Center Cafe facing the skating rink. It is really good food, not too fussy and should have plenty to suit the kids. I'd say it's in the same price range as Foley's. Here's an added bonus. You can go to their website and get a $50 certificate good for about a month before or after your birthday (if it isn't too late to do that). See their website also for full menus, prices, etc.
www.restaurantassociates.com
(click "restaurants" for a list, then click Rock Center Cafe for links to the menus, etc.)
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM

Well within your budget is Becco, an Italian restaurant in the theater district on West 46th Street. And, you children will enjoy the pasta special--all you can eat of three types of pasta!
And you and your husband will enjoy the food as well!
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:50 PM

Our former 10- (now 12) year-old has always enjoyed Cafe Un Deux Trois on West 44th.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:30 AM

Chez Josephine in the theater district. French Bistro but they have steak, fried chicken and pasta dishes. Fun atmosphere. Make sure to tell them it's your birthday.

http://menupages.com/screenmenu.asp?...een=MS509.html

Lattanzi for Italian on rest row.

If you want views, Above in the Hilton Times Square or the View in the Marriott Marquis.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 05:23 PM
lsb
Original Poster

Thank you to all who replied to my request for suggestions. I tried Chez Joesphine and really enjoyed it. The lobster casselet was excellent. I also enjoyed the piano player.The owner, Jean Claude is a real character. Patrick,thanks for the suggestion about the birthday gift certificate. I got one e mailed to me and will try it next month when I go into the city again. Howard ,I agree Becco is very good. I have eaten there a few times. I just wanted to try something new. Thanks again.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM

Becco is good, and I second the previous suggestion for Lattanzi, been there many times and have always had a good meal. That is one of our regular pre-theatre places.
Glad you enjoyed Chez Josephine, that's also a wonderful place.