Oregon coast question

Search

Oregon coast question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oregon coast question

We are going to a Cadet Class Reunion the 26th to 29th of October, in Lincoln City, staying at the Inn at Spanish Head. My question is how dressy are people out there, we are from the east coast and although we have traveled a lot, very little to the west coast. I also need help on climate conditions for this time of year. What should we bring, do you swim in the ocean or just walk on the beach, do you dress like they do in Florida, or more like the mountains?
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:56 PM

It will most likely be a bit chilly and possibly quite rainy here at that time. We are much more casual as far as dress goes than the East Coast (we have lived out there as well). I would choose my attire based on what the reunion invitation says for dress and/or activities. The ocean is too cold to swim in, unless you are like my daughter, lol! Seriously...especially that time of year, almost all people will just be walking along the beach. You may get a warm weekend, but our version of warm and Floridas version of warm are very different. Yes, dress for the mountains and you should be set. There are a lot of us Oregonians on the board so if you have any other questions I am sure you will get a lot of answers.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:11 PM

If you want to swim in the ocean bring a wet suit for sure! The dress for the coast is very casual, but I'm assuming you will be dressing up for your event. Enjoy Oregon! ***kim***
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 03:04 PM

To add to what's already been written, Lincoln City's average high temperature at that time of year is upper 50's. Plan for rain. And "mountain" dress is fine. Dressy for Lincoln City this time of year is a wool shirt from Pendleton, as opposed to.. say, a flannel shirt from Target.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much,,, I love the wet suit,,, I don't have one but it makes me know what you mean. please, keep it comeing. Dose anyone know about the hotel? Proes/Cons?
Thanks again C
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 03:56 PM

Have stayed there many times. The Inn is built on the side of a hill. All rooms ocean view. Very nice beach. An older property showing its age but clean.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM

If you get a chance, go to Newport. It's a cool place with a nice aquarium, waterfront, wax museum. April's is supposedly a good place to eat in Newport. ***kim***
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Have you seen their web site, C? (http://www.spanishhead.com/) It's been many (20?) years since I stayed there, so I shouldn't comment other than to say that it's far enough away from the action that you'll want a car.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 04:41 PM

But it's not all that far from the outlet mall. I'm curious to know if they still have someone at the Inn at Spanish Head drawing pictures in the sand in the mornings. I believe the rooms (or at least some of them?) are actually condos and are therefore decorated differently. The restaurant has nice big picture windows.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM

Nothing on the coast is dressy. Sweatshirts are standard gear.(plan on wind too) The best view on the Oregon Coast is from the ladies restroom near the bar at the Spanish Head. Make sure no one is in there-turn off the lights and enjoy the spectacular view. No joke.
Enjoy my hometown!
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Wow this is great, what a wonderful thing it is to be able to talk (write) to people all the way across the country, and find out about other places. Thanks again to all of you for the info. We are in Williamsburg VA if you ever need info about it just let me know.
CC