Search

North Shore Oahu House Rental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Shore Oahu House Rental

Hi,
Does anyone know of a great house to rent on the North Shore of Oahu? We are are looking for beachfront (where we can body board) and 3 bedrooms.
Thank You in Advance,
Gem
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 09:43 PM

try www.bradleyproperties.com
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 06:32 AM

Melissa do you know any reasonable rentals in Waikiki or North Shore. I may be going for one month. I did not want to pay tourist rates. I am not looking for luxary just clean and safe studio with cooking facilities.

Will probably be making many trips to the North Shore and the public library so I am thinking the Ilikai end of Waikiki is best so I can hop that bus to the North Shore.

I did find something reasonable at the Tradwinds. Is that building ok? Not the ideal end of Waikiki for me but if it is a fair deal I won't mind. I was looking also at the Marina at the Ilikai, have not seen in years and then I would not stay. Do you have a heads up on what that property is like now?

sparklegm (that is a nice sighonname), sorry to derail your post. I would search high and low before making a choice. It can be tough to find a deal on Oahu but they are out there. North shore is wonderful too! Have you tried vbro.com?

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:46 AM

gem found this online. I can't vouge for it but it looks inviting.

http://www.sunsethomes.net/vacrent.html
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:47 AM

My husband and I fly out in about 10 days to stay in the north shore and we're booked at Ke Iki Beach Bungalows. It's not exactly luxury, but its beachfront and very reasonable. www.keikibeach.com
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:58 AM

thanks olive I have never heard of that group before. Hope you don't mind me asking and thanking on here sparklegem
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:04 AM

I'll let you all know how our stay at Ke Iki was. I've read good reviews in the Frommers books.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:55 AM

where is your rental Olive. Just curious do you know the North Shore that well?
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 11:38 AM

I don't know it at ALL. We've never been. There were several B&Bs that I researched for the north shore and there was another one that had great reviews, it was called Santa's by the Sea. I'm not sure of the website. I wish I had more info. I'll be able to help more when we get back. When are you going?
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 02:27 PM

Not sure when I am going it is contingent with layoffs at work that are expected, we don't have dates yet.

I have a friend that lives on the North Shore, she likes all of the beaches connected with Sunset beach. I think that involves, Sunset, Pipeline, Waimea, sharks cove an a few others.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 10:31 PM

in Waikiki, if you are looking for a reasonable condo there is the Waikiki Banyan and the Waikiki sunset. Both are just a block from the beach.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:44 PM

I just booked a 3 bedroom house on the North Shore of Oahu, it is beachfront also. Check out www.vacationhosts.com/prop/48 I booked directly with the owner, she is very friendly and helpful. If this web address doesn't work email me and I can send you pics. [email protected]
Hope this helps. We are staying May 3-9 I will be posting my trip results.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 04:06 AM

Looks good Photo Princess. I almost went with that company a few years back. I think if you got good vibes over the phone you will do fine. Let us know how the rental turns out. May is also a great time on Oahu, no crowds school holidays are not out and you don't have the summer heat yet either, at least that is my memory. Mind you I go every summer to Kauai and usually don't have too much issue with the heat but I hear a N.S friend complain about it from time to time.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:03 AM

A nice little place that we always stay at onthe North shore is http://cyberrentals.com/HI/BlackOAHU.html You can't beat it, very quiet and right on the water. It is a duplex, not a condo which lends it self be being a bit quieter.

Nothing like cooking dinner while looking at the ocean and eating at waters edge. We'll be back in May.
Duane