COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Nob Hill or Union Square

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Lisa Thomas

Nob Hill or Union Square

Deciding between the Stanford Renassaince in Nob Hill, or the Marriot on 4th St. in Union Square. Any advice?? Using Marriot points! thanks!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Sean

I would not consider Union Square as this area is kind of run down(homeless encampments, etc.) Nob Hill would be a better choice, although this area as well has been getting a little worn down as well.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Bill

Union Square has recently been renovated - haven't been, but I've been told it's very nice.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:20 PM
chris

The Marriott on 4th is right across from the MOMA and the Moscone center. It wouldn't be a bad place to stay. It's not in the heart of Union Square, BTW.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Devon

"The new & improved" Union Square sucks royally. It has all the warmth and aethestic of a skateboard park (basically, that's what it is -- a park of gleaming polished granite and concrete poured out like a parking lot. Not a drop of shade in sight. Not a tree to be found. Nary a flower bloom to admire. Just a stark hideous open space.) What should have been an oasis for respite and reflection in the City's heart is nothing more than an open-air rendition of large vestibule at your local mall. And all this cost something like $26 mil! In case you can't tell, I despise it -- it's an embarrassment to my great City, although the Good Mayor Brown will say otherwise until he's blue in the face.