NJ/NY Cheap flights to LAX

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and my husband are looking to go to Magic Mountain for a few days.Does anybody know of cheap flights to LAX?
Thanks
melissa
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 07:17 PM

Jetblue now flies into not sure which airport, but it is the best airline going. Big roomy seats, personal TV and great prices.

www.jetblue.com

Sorry, rereading this it sounds like and advertisement, lol, but it is just as described.

Hope they have a great time.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM

JetBlue - I second the suggestion.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 10:37 PM

Long Beach is your closest Jet Blue "key" City and Burbank looks like an option as well.

If they can travel last minute, Site59.com has NYC/LAX deals on occasion.

SWA may also have some deals. LA, Orange Couny are in the greater LA area, but Orange County is a bit of a hike to Magic Mountain.

Old Jun 26th, 2006, 10:45 PM

I may be wrong but isn't Burbank Airport closer to Magic Mountain than LAX? Southwest does fly into Burbank but I don't know about their flights from the East Coast. To my knowledge the closest airport that JetBlue flies into is LongBeach. Everyone I know who has flown JetBlue has been very happy with them. They did, and assume they still do this year, fly from JFK, Las Vegas, LongBeach and than continue onto Oakland.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:34 AM

Southwest doesn't serve any of the 3 main NYC airports. You need to go to Islip or Philly. However, their codeshare and corporate partner ATA does serve LGA.

For some reason, on Southwest's website, you can only buy a through ticket for LGA-MDW-BUR (via Chicago Midway) for travel after 9/13/2006. Other LA area airports are okay to booked now via Midway or Houston Hobby.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 07:04 AM

JetBlue flies to Long Beach and Burbank nonstop from JFK. BUR is closer to Valencia (home of Magic Mountain) than LAX; LGB is farther from Valencia than LAX, but infinitely easier to deal with (curb to gate usually takes about four minutes at LGB; 30 minutes to 90 minutes is common at LAX). Southwest's codeshare with ATA indeed gives you LGA as a NY-area airport choice, but you will be forced to go through ATA's Midway hub.

Note that BUR-JFK JetBlue flights may make a refueling stop (long story short: Short runways at BUR), which won't happen out of LGB (extra-long runway built for C-17s).

Good thing they're going to Magic Mountain now; Six Flags is in such dire financial straits they're thinking of selling the park, which in all likelihood would be demolished for the valuable real estate underneath.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

That's why they want to go now to Magic Mountain.They go all over to ride roller coasters.
Melissa