Nicest places (hotels) to stay in raleigh?

Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicest places (hotels) to stay in raleigh?

DH has a business meeting in raleigh and I'm looking to book his hotel there. I am not famliar at all with raleigh, so was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to which hotels are the nicest? Also, how far is the city center from the airport? thanks for your help!
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 10:28 AM

Why don't you just do a Google search on Raleigh, NC. Tons of info. Then come back with more specific questions. Raleigh is a fairly large area and where you husband will be meeting will have a lot to do as to where you want to stay.

Curious
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM

It definitely matters where his meetings are going to be, as to where he might want to stay. Many businesses tend to be far from the city center - and probably not many reasons to go to the center of Raleigh if you don't have to (I lived there 10 years). Raleigh is quite spread out - but the hotel chains are consistent there, so depending on your budget, you should be able to find a fine hotel room.... If he's out near RTP (also very near the airport), the Doubletree is actually really nice - and they're very, very friendly there, with good service.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM

Curious is correct - where his meeting is makes a big difference in where to stay, if he's only in town for the meeting. If his business is somewhere in Research Triangle Park, then staying by the airport makes good sense. If it is in downtown Raleigh or Cary, not so much.

Raleigh's city center is probably 20 minutes from the airport, outside rush hour.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

sorry- i didn't realize that raleigh was so large. I'll try to find out the area of the meeting. Thank you.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

I guess the meeting is not too far from Navaho drive, where I see there is a residence inn and a hyatt place. Thinking maybe just having him stay at the hyatt place? is that nice? is that near anything? close to the centre for a good meal?
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:09 AM

If you are staying around Navaho Drive and looking for a business hotel, there are several business hotels. The nicest 4 star hotel is the new Renaissance hotel at North Hills. This is a great place to stay since it is in North Hills, an urba like development with shopping and numerous restaurants like Ruth Chris and several other higher end places (Vivace is one). It is one exit away from Wake Forest Road which Navaho is off of. There is even a theater in North Hills, a target, a JC Penny and several high end private own shops.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...t-north-hills/

Right near Navaho and which might even be walkable is the North Raleigh Hilton which is a business hotel. An older property but well kept. I would guess it si a 3 star. Not walkable to much but maybe the meeting and one restaurant. About 5 miles from downtown but you can see downtown from the hotel.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...olina/index.do

If you want to stay downtown, the downtown Marriott is a 4 star righ downtown. Really nice convention center hotel. Brand new. Near plenty of night life and restaurants. About 5 easy miles away from Navaho Drive.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...t-city-center/

I take by DH you mean Duke Hospital ? The North Raleigh Hilton is right across the steet and right beside the Hyatt Place. Hyatt Place is OK. More of the lower end Hyatt chain hotel. It is a suite.

The airport is about 15 or so miles from downton. Duke Hospital Raleigh is about the same.

Send me an email at [email protected] if you have questions. The hospital is right up the street from my home so I know this area well.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM

S_S - It took me a bit to catch this and other abbrev in other posts, but I would take DH to mean "Darling Husband".