Reload this Page >

Nice Hotel in Austin, TX

Search

Nice Hotel in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 11:59 AM
jlb

Nice Hotel in Austin, TX

I'm planning a trip to Austin in a few weeks. Any recommendations on places to stay and where to go???? Has anyone stayed at the Amerisuites-North hotel?? Thanks for any info.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 03:16 PM
KG

I live in Austin...

If you want to be in the center of town, and like funky hotels, stay at the Austin Motel on South Congress Ave. Its very close to downtown, Town Lake (the river that runs through the middle of town) and is in the middle of a cool vintage shopping area.

The Amerisuites North is among megastores and tract houses. I wouldn't stay there unless you have a reason to be in that part of town (business trip to Dell computer, for instance)

There is too much do to list in one message, try both www.auschron.com, the online version of our local entertainment weekly paper. Also austin.citysearch.com for general info on restaurants, other lodging, etc.

Hope that helps. Welcome to Austin!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 04:57 PM
dcp

Drickel Hotel, look no further.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 04:58 PM
dcp

Sorry, I meant the Driskell Hotel

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 04:30 AM
loangalsal

We stayed right next door to the Austin Motel on South Congress at the Hotel San Jose. We loved it! Great location. Don't miss a tour of the state capital building (really, WAY better than I expected! An architectural gem!)and go see the bat bridge at dusk. Here is the hotel website plus a website with an architectural review of the hotel. We loved Austin, have fun!

http://www.sanjosehotel.com/

http://archrecord.construction.com/B...e/overview.asp