Austin, TX hotel

Nov 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Austin, TX hotel

I would appreciate some suggestions for a hotel in the Austin area (downtown or nearby) for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary in December. Thanks for your advice.
Nov 24th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Perhaps the historic Driskill Hotel downtown would be to your liking. It certainly isn't your cookie-cutter chain hotel.
Nov 24th, 2009, 07:47 PM

Depends on what you're looking for. In my opinion, the Driskill is more of an adults hotel, even though it's in a good location. If you want something a bit more youthful, you might try the Hotel San Jose on South Congress.
Nov 25th, 2009, 04:51 AM

If your budget is on the higher end ($200+), the 4 Seasons. Beautiful grounds and location on the Lake. Very nice upscale southwestern decor. They often have online specials.

The Driskill is definitely unique. If you consider it, ask for a remodeled room. Last time I was there (admitedly a few years ago) some of the rooms were "tired". But the bar downstairs is a classic and certainly worth a visit regardless of whether you stay there.
Nov 25th, 2009, 05:26 AM

We got a very good rate for rooms on the Club level of the Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental and enjoyed the hotel very much. At least on the Club floor, the rooms are beautiful, and the club room is very nice, with a full complimentary bar, free breakfast and snacks. The location is very good (close to the Driskill) with good access to the Capitol Building, museums, music venues, lake etc.

We got the rate from the hotel's website - certainly worth a try.

http://austin.intercontinental.com/
Nov 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM

>for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary in December. Thanks for your advice.<

For my husband and ME. Me is the object of the preposition FOR; therefore, you must use an objective case pronoun.

Tina from the Bronx
Nov 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for correcting my mistake.