New Yorkers - Please Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:50 AM
Tonia

Hi there,
I'm from NY and looking to find a ski resort in the area (perhaps Poconos, upstate NY) that isnt more than a two hour drive from here, affordable (not more than $50 per person a night - maybe a suite can be shared), and where activities other than skiing can be enjoyed such as tubing, snowboarding, etc. Trying to organize a group trip with friends in February, so any fellow New Yorkers out there who can offer some advise as to places you've been to would be most appreciated

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Laurie

I am from NY and we go to the Poconos twice a year. We don't ski but I know that the following ski areas are within a two hour drive from NYC: Shawnee, Camelback, Alpine, Jack Frost, Big Boulder. Some have their own resort hotels but there are alot of hotels/motels in the area. The conditions were terrible last year, but a much better season is expected through the 2003 ski season (they have already gotten snow before Thanksgiving).

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 11:56 AM
mj

Tonia,
Try a search on Vernon Valley area in NJ or New Paltz. Too bad you're limiting the travel time to 2 hrs.

Wish I could help more but we go way upstate or to NE for skiing.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Julie

The resort in Vernon, NJ is now called Mountain Creek. Its about an hour from NYC. The terrain is about what you'd expect in this part of the country, but the resort has one of the best terrain parks in the nation. Its very popular with snowboarders for that reason. You can check their web site for lodging information.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Michelle

What about Hunter Mt.? That's about at the 2 hour mark.