Hot Weather in February

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:06 PM
the mom

Hot Weather in February

I know this is a broad topic but....I live in Massachusetts and want a STATESIDE February school vacation spot with HOT weather! I had thought of Phoenix but their average temp maxes out at 69 for February. Not exactly warm enough to get us in shorts or bathing suits. Does anyone have any ideas other than Florida? Been there done that and not going back (hopefully) for awhile. We have been to Sarasota/Anna Maria Island and Orlando many times already. Is there enough for kids ages 8 and 11 in the Miami area? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Russ

It isn't generally very hot anywhere stateside in Feb. You can get mild weather in Florida, and California won't be cold but chance of getting weather I would describe as "hot" is pretty slim.

This is kind of a stretch in meeting your "stateside" requirement, but perhaps your best chance for "hot" weather might be one of the islands, like Puerto Rico or USVI?

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:11 PM
jason

Southern florida can get in the '80s in February. Other than that, you'll have to go to Mexico or the Carribean.

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Jana

Florida is warmest.
Check all the cities in each of the states at www.weatherbase.com
Best bet is Caribbean or Mexico.

Dec 5th, 2002, 12:59 PM
harry

Ft. Lauderdale or South Beach would have the warmest weather in the country & action for the kids. Weather can be from 60's to 80's. Feb. weather is usually better than Jan. Other locations for guaranteed great weather that would cost more $$$ would be Aruba or one of the islands, or Hawaii.

Dec 5th, 2002, 01:10 PM
OO

Did someone move Miami and not tell the rest of us?? Please tell me they also took all of Miami-Dade and Broward! gt;

Seriously, if the kids love the beach, they should be happy. Throw in a zoo, petting zoo, Seaquarium and youth museum and they should be ecstatic.