New york in late May

Old May 10th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New york in late May

My wife and I are going to New York city at the end of the month and I was wondering if any one could suggest a nice hotel. 100-150us$
Also could you suggest some ideas on things we should see or do (or not do)
Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:39 AM

As for things to do, it would be rather difficult to recommend things without knowing your age, your interests, etc.
It certainly goes without saying that there are tons of things to do in New York. Thus, I suggest you first do some research on line and in travel books. A good start would be the Fodor's destination guide which you can access on this site.
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Howard, we are 40yrs old and enjoy plays,good food,and anything with fun attatched to it.
Any ideas on Hotels?
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:05 AM

For hotels, try quikbook.com. See what appeals, is available for your dates and is in your price range, then come back here with your questions about ones you've selected as possibilities. Where you stay should depend on your interests. For example, if you want to see plays, go to Lincoln Center, then consider the West side, perhaps mid-town or at Central Park South. If you are more interested in art museums and Madison Ave. shopping, then perhaps the Upper east side. Staying near Central Park in a neighborhood setting, Upper West Side. I'm being pretty general here, but you get the idea...
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:33 AM

I travel to NYC at least once a year, and have had consistently great service and a very nice room by NYC standards in that price range at the Belvedere Hotel. It is located on 48th and 8th, so it is close to the Theatre district, etc. I have stayed there 3 times and thought it was great. I have always enjoyed Central Park (anytime of year) had one of the best meals ever at the Tavern On the Green in Central Park (You gotta go at least once!) and have even done the Statue of Liberty thing with friends! The best thing I ever did when I took a friend who had never been to NYC, was jump on the Big Apple tour bus, (the concierge at the Belvedere will set it up for you) and the double decker bus takes you on a great tour of NYC...you get to see a lot without putting a lot of mileage on your shoes, plus you can jump on and off at different spots like Chinatown, then catch another of their buses later on. It worked out great!
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:42 AM
GoTravel

There are some fantastic rates on Quikbook.com for the end of May. A whole slew of hotels can be had for under $150 that are normally closer to $200.