Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

New York Hotel With Double Bed and Two Twins?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any New York hotel rooms with 1 double (or queen) bed and 2 twin beds for our family of four? Or, are there any hotels with really comfortable sofa beds? In our experience, most sofa beds are just not that comfortable.

Thanks!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:03 AM

I've never heard of this. Most room have either one double OR two twins. If you go for the larger rooms they typically have two doubles - or for more upscale two queens.

There are a bunch of all suite hotels that will give you a bedroom with two double/queens plus a sofabed in the living room. Don;t know how comfortable they are - perhaps someone who has used the ones at some of the affinia hotels could provide info. (IMHO no sofabed is comfortable for adults for more than 1 or 2 nights - but are OK for kids.)

Assuming you're not talking little kids (for which sofa would be OK) you might well get a better deal just getting 2 rooms - one double and one with 2 twins. (When my stepdaughters were younger - stating at 14 and 11 - we found it worked much better getting 2 rooms. That way you have 2 baths, saving a lot of time - sharing a bath with 2 tweens/teens is NOT something to be contemplated.)
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Some rooms have 2 doubles and you can request a rollaway. We do that all the time (although not in NYC because we leave here). Some hotels do have suites with 2 doubels or queens and a sofabed in the living area. Some hotels you can probably find such suites is in the Affinia hotels (I know the Shelbourne Murray Hill has them), doubletree suites, embassy suites and avalon. The Marriott residence inn may have them as well although i've never been there and don't know anyone who has stayed there.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM

My previuos post should read "NYC because we LIVE here" not "NYC because we leave here"
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:57 AM

Courtyard Marriott Midtown East has rooms with 2 doubles and a sofa bed.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM
dmlove

I was about to say the same about the Courtyard Midtown East. It's a good solution for you, particularly because the rooms are large by NY standards.

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM
MaureenB

Our family of four did well in the Embassy Suites, near Wall Street. We had one bedroom with two queen beds, and a living room with a sofa bed. It worked out well for us. Our teenage son didn't mind the sofa bed, because he had his own TV and could stay up as late as he wanted!

Also good for a family, is the Embassy Suites very nice full, hot breakfast buffet included. A good deal for the relatively low price.
>-

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM

You don’t say how old your kids are (if they are kids), but you might consider an air mattress. We’ve taken two week summer vacations since our kids were 12 and 9 (they are 17 and 14 now). We always get two beds and let the kids take turns on the air mattress. They are great travelers and don’t mind too much, and in fact my son prefers it to the motel beds most of the time. Get a battery powered air pump and a cheap set of twin size sheets and you’re good to go. If we spend more than one night, we just stand it up in the corner out of the maids way.