New York Ambassador Theatre Seating For Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to take my daughter to see "Chicago" at The Ambassador Theatre. Found a discount for the show on Broadway Box, but the first 11 rows of center orchestra are excluded. Am not familiar with the theater. This is the only discount I have seen for the show that includes May. Are Mezzanine seats good for this show and does this show come up for discounts on Playbill often?
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 04:59 AM

It's a little early for the May discounts, but I'm sure they will be there soon for Chicago. All the sites have them: Playbill, Theatremania, Broadway Box. You'll be able to get advance tickets at significant savings, just keep looking for the additional dates.
I wouldn't hesitate to get seats in the first couple rows of the mezzanine. It's not a huge house.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Patrick. The discount that I have found is not so great, so I think I will wait.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM

What is a good discounted price that you would expect to pay for a musical like Chicago? I found tickets on playbill for $100 each in the 2nd row center. Was that a good deal?
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 06:31 PM

breathe, $100 a ticket is not a discount ticket! That's the regular price. Discounted tickets usually mean about a 30% or more savings.
Sabrina, remember that discounted tickets just aren't going to be the best seats in the theater. But, it also doesn't mean that the seats are terrible either, just not the best ones. We've seen many, many, many shows at discount prices and have usually been quite satisfied, knowing that we saved a bit money and had decent seats, not the best, but certainly good enough for us to enjoy the show.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM

Chicago has also been available at TKTS.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Howard, the best discount that I have found is $44.25-$73.75. Not great. I don't I want to try TKTS after getting to New York, as we are usually so busy seeing the sights. Again, thanks to everyone is so helpful with New York suggestions.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM

Are these good seats? Center orchestra Row BB 101-104. I looked at the seating chart. It says 1st row by stage, but it looks like first row would be AA, so I am confused. Is that too close? Sometimes you end up having to look up the whole time. These seats are still available from yesterday, so I want to grab them if they are good seats. Thank you!
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Hi breathe, they just offered me seats on same row. I ask for something further back, They offered row K orchestra. I ended up with front row mezzanine, which I felt were better seats. Sometimes I like to be further back for a musical.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 10:11 AM

Sabrina,

How much did you end up paying for the "Chicago" seats? I don't mind paying full price for one show and then when we get there, maybe I can score some tickets for another show at 1/2 price.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Breathe, I paid $138.00 for two tickets and that included all the extra charges that they add. Having seen "Chicago" before I felt these were good seats and I have already paid full price for DRS. I see discount tickets are available now, but we have great seats. If you plan on getting discount seats for some shows when you get there, follow the advice given by someone on the forum and take your printed code sheet with you. Enjoy New York.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Sabrina, those discount rates are pretty much the norm for discount offers, give or take a couple dollars.
breathe, I wouldn't take those seats. Too close to really appreciate the total experience of a musical. Even though Chicago doesn't have elaborate sets, you still want witness the entire show unfolding.
The Row K that Sabrina talks about would be fine.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 03:51 PM

Thanks for your quick responses. I appreciate it!