Search

New Orleans suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Susan

New Orleans suite

My dad died in Sept. and my adult daughter and I want to take my mom to new orleans in january. I am looking for a suite that would have two rooms with say a queen and two double beds. The Villa Convento, Lafitte Guest House and Claiborne Mansion all sound nice. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Dan

I would guess that you may have trouble finding two bedroom suites in places with so few rooms. All you mentioned are nice, at least by their local reputation. I've not been inside any of the three though.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Dan Timsit

The Embassy Suites is a good option. I stayed there last year and the prices are reasonable and they include free breakfast and evening drinks. Its about a 10 minute walk to the French Quarter and about a 5 minute walk to Riverwalk shopping center. The rooms can come with 2 doubles and a pullout sofabed. Most have balconies. Good Luck and my condolences.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:30 PM
susan

Check out the Quarter House. It's in the French Quarter and is a timeshare that rents to non-owners. We stayed there in August and my only complaint was that there weren't enough windows. But we had a huge living room with separate dining area, fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and 3 baths. They have lots of different types of accommodations.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Susan

Hi, my family and I have booked our airlines but still do not have a b&b. I have emailed Quarter House, LaFitte and Claiborne but have not heard from them yet. I did get what sounds like a good deal from Quarter Esplanade, a two bedroom suite in a good location. They are affiliated w/Girod House which I have read about, but have not seen anything on Quarter Esplandade. Do any of you know this place? Also, and it really doesn't matter because we are going on this trip the end of Jan., but someone told me the weather is likely to be awful. I read the weather history on weather.com and it sounded ok, surely better than where we are coming from. Thanks again, Susan

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 10:17 AM
x

You may do better just getting two rooms. Often, suites are more expensive than they are worth!