Reload this Page >

Looking for info on these New Orleans Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Kristina

I'm considering a trip to New Orleans this spring with my husband and another couple (all of us in our mid 30's).
There are 4 places I'm looking at right now and I'd appreciate any feedback on them.

International House
Lafite Guest House
Melrose Mansion
The House on Bayou Road

Thank you!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Pam

We have stayed at the LaFitte Guesthouse two or three times. It is at the quieter (and gay) end of Bourbon Street. The atmosphere is comfortable and the walking easy to almost everythin in the quarter and down along Esplanade which also has some interesting sites. Our friends stayed in the attic room with great views of the quarter. We stayed in a main house room and a slave quarter room the times we were there. I'd go with a main house room as they are larger. We have not been in a few years but the place continues to get reviews. Sorry I can't comment on the other places. Have you checked out Soniat House?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Dan

House on Bayou Road is beautiful and gets generally wonderful reviews. The restaurant, Indigo, is among New Orleans' best!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Kristina

Thanks! Anyone else?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 07:42 PM
T

We stayed at The Soniat House this past summer and were very pleased. Being summer a lot of the rooms were vacant and we looked at several and got to choose which one we wanted. They were all very lovely, furnished with antiques. It is located in the 1100 block of Chartres Street, within easy walking of the French Market and the shops on Royal Street.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Kristina

Thanks again.

Anyone stay at International House?

After more consideration I'm torn between that and the Lafitte Guest house. The two are very different....I suppose it really depends on which one has rooms when I want to go and for how much $$.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:03 AM
ttt

to the top

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:28 AM
xxx

I think if it's your first time to NO you are better off staying in the French Quarter.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Kristina

It's not my firt time in NO, nor my friend's. But, our spouses have never been.
Unfortunately, The Lafitte GH doesn't have the rooms I want on those days. International House does. I'm going to keep looking....

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Lois

Hi Kristina, I am deciding what to do for the spring for a week and havent been to New Orleans. Thanks for your post.. It has given me some places to look at..
Have you heard of the Chimes Bed and Breakfast by any chance?
It looks really nice. Wondered if anyone has heard of it or stayed there.