New Orleans - suite hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone pls recommend a suite hotel in New Orleans. Im looking at the Maison St. Charles, Country Inn & Suites, Drury Inn & Suites and Iberville Suites.
thanks!!
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM

I've heard good things about Iberville Suites and Country Inn and Suites is consistently rated highly in tripadvisor.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM

We stayed at the Iberville Suites several years ago, pre-Katrina. We had a great stay. The location was right on the edge of the French Quarter and an easy walk to most things we wanted to do. Our suite consisted of a bedroom, a dressing area that opened into the bathroom, and a sitting room with a desk, a sleeper sofa, and a second tv. It was nice because you there were doors on both sides of the dressing area, so either room could close it off and create more privacy.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM

We have stayed at the Staybridge Suites. It had a full kitchen and we were there during mardi Gras which was great since we met some people who used our kitchen to keep their food warm and we got free dinner. It's on the end of some parade routes. Not far from Harrah's and also Mothers is across the street. It's a pretty good place to eat. The staff was great and we stayed over. We Pricelined and got a good price and it has free breakfast which was pretty standard but always stocked and actually okay.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM

Is the Staybridge close to the Convention Center?
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM

I've stayed at the Country Inns and Suites recently (July 09). The location is good--it's just a few blocks to the French Quarter. I thought the Inn itself had good and bad points. The "suite" we stayed in had a separate bedroom from the living area and bathroom, which was a good thing. It was all very clean, nice and hot shower, comfortable bed. The kitchen area, however, was stuck between the living room and bedroom and consisted of a small refrigerator and microwave with hardly any counter space. The frig didn't get very cold and the tiny freezer compartent didn't work well at all. I realize not everyone needs a freezer while in a hotel but we do b/c I use freezer packs to keep cold milk for my son. The walls are pretty thin between rooms as well. Since we were there for just one night, it worked out okay. The free breakfast had the standard type things--cereal, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, waffles, etc. They also keep the milk available all day and coffee too (I think). Staff seemed nice.

Two years ago, we stayed at the Homewood Suites. I liked those much better, as far as the rooms go--very large, with a kitchenette that contained a large refrigerator, table/chairs, plates, cups, stove, microwave, etc. The location is farther into the business district, however, and was not a quick walk to get to Canal or the FQ at all. The parking area was terrible if you are driving a larger type vehicle. They also had a free breakfast during week days and it was good. Nice, clean, large, comfortable rooms, large bathroom, friendly staff, clean hotel overall--just not very close to FQ.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM

You might consider the Quarter House (quarterhouse.com). It's been several years since we stayed there, but at that time it was wonderful.