New Minneapolis Hotel Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your previous responses. It now works out that we must stay out in the burbs until the last night of our visit when we must find an airport hotel as our flight leaves at approx. 9 the next morning. Sorry not to have the time to stay in downtown Minn. or St Paul. Which is the closest airport hotel that is nice? After several days at a Comfort Inn we'd like a little fancier atmosphere but don't want to pay more than $150 for a double. Thanks.

Old Nov 19th, 2005, 10:30 PM

Any hotel in the Mall of America Area is close to the airport (right across the freeway) and we have stayed at the Embassy Suites there and liked it. There is also a Hilton and a Marriott and tons of other chains. We usually stay at the Hotel Sofitel which is a bit father away but has a nice restaurant and they do have an airport shuttle and also a shuttle to MOA.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:19 AM

At the suggestion of Fodorites, my husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Bloomington. They have an airport shuttle which allowed us to turn the car in the night before and not have to worry about it. Today's New York Times has a feature on the hotel. I would simply add it is a great deal more than what you might expect from the chain. Very nicely done. The food was not particularly good, however, and I would recommend dining elsewhere. Enjoy your trip.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:46 AM

I like the Embassy Suites. Note, there are 2 in the same general area. You want the "Airport" one on 34th. The "Bloomington" one is older and not as nice.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 09:56 PM

I agree that the Emabassy Suites on 34th is the one you want, rather than the other one in Bloomington. We also have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Bloomington and they also have a shuttle - it is very near the Hotel Sofitel. We just like Hotel Sofitel's restaurants better.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM

I have stayed at both Courtyard By Marriott and Residence Inn. They have a free shuttle to the airport and are very reasonably priced.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM

Sorry, forgot to add that they are both in Bloomington.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 04:17 PM

My family and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 34th Avenue numerous times and highly recommend it. We stay there once or twice a year and spend the weekend shopping at the Mall of America. I try to get a room facing the airport so we can watch the airplanes landing and taking off. I would recommend reading trip advisor to get a better idea on reviews of hotels near the Minneapolis airport.