Positive Accomodations Experiences?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Helen

Positive Accomodations Experiences?

The thread on accomodations to avoid is great, but wouldn't it be nice to share some of our good experiences with our fellow Fodorites? Personally, I have found Comfort Inn/Suites to be consistently clean and comfortable. Noise has usually not been a problem either, and the staff has been unfailingly polite and helpful.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:58 PM
x

Helen save the Comfort Inn/Suites recommendation for Frommers.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Helen

What, are we only allowed to say negative things? Personally, I would love to hear about other people's experiences so as to learn and maybe visit there. So, what's the problem?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Cat

I am a big fan of Country Inns and Suites hotels. I have stayed in several of them. The rates are always reasonable, the service is great, they offer a great breakfast,and they are really charming.

I also stayed once at The Plaza hotel in New York (I wouldn't have been able to afford it, but I didn't have to pay for it). I stayed in a suite. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I got off the airport shuttle in front of the hotel feeling very grubby and inappropriately dressed and yet we were treated like royalty. I felt like royalty when the elegantly-dressed attendant reached out his white-gloved hand. By far the best hotel stay ever! I'll never forget it!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 01:33 PM
J Correa

We have had good luck with Best Western for for clean, inexpensive, no frills lodging.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Alan

The Madison in Manhattan (27th St)..... it's worth more than they are charging, and they're friendly, too!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 07:03 PM
AGAS

The Grand Lake Lodge in Grand Lake Colorado- the best view, superb food, reasoanable prices for cabins.
The Ritz Carlton in ....anywhere,
The Royal Palms Resort on Scottsdale
The Misty Mountain B&B in Seveirville, TN in Smokey Mountains
The 3Stuben Hotel in Meersburg, Germany