New Mexico weather in October?

Sep 15th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

New Mexico weather in October?

We are going to Santa Fe, Taos, and ALQ and leaving on October 9th for a little over a week. Can someone tell me what the weather is like that time of year? Not sure what type of clothes to pack! It will be my husband and myself so if you gentlemen can chime in as to what my husband should bring that would be great.

Thank you!
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:30 AM

I'm not a weatherman but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express ... probably sunny with chilly nights. Maybe cold nights in Taos and SF.
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:17 AM

Layers, layers, layers. Currently, the days are still HOT (80's +) but tonight the forecast says will drop into the 40's. There is a 30 degree drop after sunset. ABQ can be 10 degrees warmer than SF or Taos during the day and quite frankly, you should watch the weather reports up to when you pack because it can snow in Oct. Men and boys here wear shorts all year round depending on your lifestyle and essentially all dress is casual.
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM

What everyone else said. Casual dress is fine, bring layers, and maybe something a bit dressier if you plan to eat in a nice restaurant or two.

Lee Ann
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM

As of 9/27...the long range weather predictions for the beginning of the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque (10/6-10/10) are (and we hope it stays this way!) highs in the upper 70's, lows in the low 50's, and sunny! Deduct 8-10 degrees for the higher altitudes of Santa Fe & Taos.