Search

Early october weather in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2019, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early october weather in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque

Morning,

My husband and I have finished our overall itinerary for Boulder and New Mexico. After 3 days, we are driving straight to Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque. We used Costco for the car rental (Alamo) in the Denver Airport and returning it to the ALbuquerque Airport. We are trying to decide what to wear. I remember some of you mentioned that it can get quite cold in Santa Fe and Taos because of the elevation, but I can't find exactly what this means. I know I need to bring layers, but is a winter coat advisable? Could we get snow? Boots? Any thoughts?

Also, any restaurant recommendation in any of the New Mexico spots we are visiting ? Hidden gems to see? Thanks

Old Sep 6th, 2019, 06:01 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Paper Dosa is my favorite Santa Fe restaurant. We like Michael's and Orlando's in Taos.

NM is lovely in October - all those changing leaves and generally mild weather. We were there last October and were surprised at how warm it was. A fleece jacket was all I needed and I didn't wear it all that often.

Leave the boots at home (unless they're hiking boots).

Last edited by Melnq8; Sep 6th, 2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old Sep 6th, 2019, 06:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree with the above. My experience is that the temp difference between SF and Albuquerque is 10-ish degrees, cooler in the higher SF elevation.

I love the Range Cafe in Bernalillo right of of I25 between SF & Albq but closer to Albq.

Also just outside of Bernalillo proper next to the Rio Grande is the Coronado Historic site, an archeological excavation of the 16th c. Kuaua pueblo. It's a super interesting place and almost never overly busy. Highly recommend.
Old Sep 6th, 2019, 06:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
If it should happen to snow (unlikely), go to Walmart and get a cheap coat. Don't bother trying to take one from home. DW and I were in Moab in early November one year and were warm enough in short sleeves.
Take your hiking boots if you have them.