Need to your opinion - URGENT!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am set to leave for Honolulu tomorrow and have my reservation at Outrigger Reef on the Beach. Now get this. Today I received an offer that would allow me at to stay at JW Marriot Ihilani Resort at Ko Olina for the same price that I will be paying at Outrigger Reef! I believe that the Marriot resort is a much better accomodation than Outrigger Reef. Now I am wondering if is it really worth it to stay right at Waikiki? I believe Ko Olina is about 30 minutes from Waikiki. I could probably stay at Ko Olina, drive to Waikiki in the morning and return by night. Is that practical? Please help with your suggestions before I leave in the morning!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:55 PM

Need for your english - FAST!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, that was a typo which usually happens when you type FAST!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:12 PM

I don't have any experience with the Outrigger, but from the web page Ihilani appears to be much nicer. Have only stayed at the Ihilani. As for the drive, it does take 30 mins each way. However, there are inexpensive places to dine nearby as well as movie theatres. Are you planning on spending the full day, each day in Waikiki? If not, then I would stay at the Ihilani.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM

Make sure you can still get your deposit back at the Reef! I have heard the Ko Olina is wonderful... if you want to stay outside of Waikiki, that is.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Bad news! If I cancel my reservation now at Outrigger, I would still have to pay for the first night. More bad news! Marriot resort at Ko Olina does not have rooms avaiable for this weekend. If I could make the change, I would surely do since Marriot resort at Ko Olina does seem much nicer.

No I do not intend to spend every day at Waikiki. I will have 4 full days. Out of those, I would probably spend 1 day at Waikiki and nearby area. I am planning to spend one day on the beaches of windward side and 1 day on the beaches of north shore. On the final day, I would either go to Hanauma bay or Ko Olina. However, I will return to my hotel at Waikiki every night.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

And, oh, thanks for your suggestions!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:50 PM

Oh well, I'm sure you'll be very happy at the Reef with it's location. Have fun in paradise
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM

gzseattle, don't worry too much as you will have a great time regardless. Even though Ko Olina is a much nicer property, that 30 minute drive is with no traffic. As local residents can tell you, actual drive times can be much longer, especially during the morning or evening commute, if it is raining or there is an accident.