Help with Hotel Pick in Honolulu

Old Nov 27th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Hotel Pick in Honolulu

Staying 3 nights in Honolulu...where should I stay? It has to be a Marriott based hotel...points = free stay!!!

1) Renaissance Ilikai Waikiki Hotel
2) Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
3) JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina

Any help would be great!!! Thanks!

8-)
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 12:19 AM

That depends on what you want. If you want to be right in the middle of all the action, then it's Waikiki Beach Marriott (#2) located in the heart of Waikiki. It is surrounded by shops, restaurants, and across from Waikiki beach. If it's peace and quiet that you want and none of the night life that Waikiki offers, then it's Ihilani (#3)--but it's not anywhere near Waikiki. In fact, it isn't even in Honolulu. It is a little out of the way if you are going to be busy doing tours and sight seeing. But it is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting. I wouldn't bother looking at the Ilikai with the other 2 choices you have.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 06:21 AM
bonniebroad

Waikiki Beach Marriott .... great location!

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 04:40 PM

I can't imagine anything more stunning or a location more romantic than your #3 choice. Waikiki is just a congested place, the north shore is heaven.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 05:09 PM

I have stayed at the Marriott Waikiki several times and I love it. If you want the Waikiki experience it is a great choice. The Ihilani seems nice but is is quite a drive from Waikiki, and you are limited for dining choices. I hear they have a great spa so if you don't like the hustle bustle energy of Waikiki and want to get away from it all then the Ilihani may be your choice. The Renaissance is supposed to be a beautiful hotel but it is not beachfront and is at the far end of Waikiki.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the advice thus far, I am still torn, at least now between two: Waikiki and the Ihilani Resort...

I love to be romantic and love to be out of hustle and bustle...but....we want to see a Luau (did I spell it right?), do Pearl Harbor, etc.....

When you say "far", is it within a half hour drive or so?

Thanks again for all the help!!!

><
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 06:38 PM

The Ihilani is about an hour's drive from Waikiki, on the western side of Oahu (not the north shore). It is an elegant resort, quiet, and peaceful with a beautiful sandy beach. But it is a little isolated so dining and shopping is limited. There is a luau within the same resort, and Pearl Harbor isn't too far away.

The Waikiki Beach is right smack in the middle of all the "hustle and bustle." Great location if you want to do lots of shopping, nightclubs, and being around a lot of people.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for everyone's insight!!!