Need recommendation for florist in Minneapolis, Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope someone can help me in the next 24 hours or so. I would like to send flowers to a friend in Minneapolis and when I search for florists, I come up with a ton of them. SO a personal recommendation would be great.
She lives in the west end of town, I beleive.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:52 PM

I can help you, kodi.

Do you mean the west end, as in a western suburb, or the west end of Minneapolis?

That will help.

For the most part, Bachman's here is a safe bet. 612-861-7311 for phone orders and they deliver everywhere in the metro.

If you give me a better idea of which area though, I can try to give you a specific florist.

Otherwise, Bachman's is great.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
TC

I agree with Tiff. Bachman's is a good choice. For the best result, give them a call directly (Outside the Twin Cities: 1-866-222-4626)instead of ordering on-line or (heaven's forbid) via FTD. You get so much more for your money by phoning directly and you can ask what they have that is fresh and in season -- getting just what you want.

www.bachmans.com/
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both so much. She actually lives on West 28th Street, But I really don't know where that is . I don't know the city at all.

Bachman's sounds great. I'll use them if I don't hear back from either of you by tomorrow morning.

TC, thanks for the web site. I think my best bet is to phone in the morning and talk to someone directly.

I really appreciate the help. Fodorites are the best!
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM

Oh man... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Calyx and Corolla!
http://www.calyxandcorolla.com/calyx.storefront
Stunning, fresh arrangements!
I have also had wonderful experiences with flowers.com
I will never go back to unknown local florists. I have had so many bad experiences. The true artists are few and far between.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM

Hi again kodi ~ I think that Bachman's would be your best bet. They are an extremely reputable florist and have been a part of our area for decades.

If you wanted to kick it up a notch, you could go with Stems & Vines, they have a shop on West 50th in Minneapolis. 612-822-2004 (www.stems-and-vines.com) They are a lovely high end florist and also have an excellent reputation.

Either way, I agree with TC, call directly to place your order.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
TC

Tiff, While I agree that Stems and Vines does have a wonderful shop, sadly their web site represents the standard FTD fare. What's with that?

Your original advice was the best. I've called Bachman's several times with very specific instructions for arrangements and never been disappointed. My favorite is a tight bundle of pink, peach and yellow rose buds in a bubble bowl. The reps are easy to talk to, have great ideas, will stick with a budget and deliver a high quality product.

Kodi, your friend will be thrilled when she sees the Bachman's purple truck arrive.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:49 PM

I use Bachman's all the time when sending to friends in the Twin Cities and they have always been great. I also call them and explain what I have in mind and it seems they always get it right.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate it. All places sound delightful, but I think I'll go with the popular vote and call Bachman's. It sounds like my friend will be very happy.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Backman's were wonderful when I called....very helpful and very friendly.
My friend called tonight, and was very happy and surprised when she received the flowers. She said they are beautiful. So thanks to everyone for helping to make this special for her.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM

Oh kodi, that is wonderful.

Happy to help! Thank you for posting back and giving us an update, that is very kind.

Best wishes, Tiff
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM

p.s. TC, I know, I don't know what is with Stems & Vine's website. I only know them from their shops, which are like walking into the Secret Garden, very spendy, but very lovely. I dug for an old business card to get the website for kodi, and after your post, I went to it, bizarre! So opposite from their in-shop experience.

Anyway, so happy that kodi and friend were happy with Bachman's, they haved definitely been in business for all these years for a good reason.

Petals, petals and more petals for all of you!
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:54 PM

Kodi, I am glad to hear your experience with Bachman's was as good as all the times I have used them. They do a great job.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

When my friend called last night, she started to tell me that the florist was a very good florist etc... and I had to confess to her that I had help in choosing them. I didn't just stumble across their name. I also told the woman that I spoke to, that they'd been recommended by internet friends and she was very pleased.
Fodorites are great! Always there to help.

Thanks again.... my friend is very happy (and also feeling better!)
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 06:28 AM
TC

This is the BEST board on the Internet. Always friends there to help....travel related or not. Give and take...that's what makes it special.

Glad your friend is feeling better, Kodi. Maybe because she has a good friend in her life.