need ideas for busy family

Jul 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

need ideas for busy family

Our family is taking a quick weekend to Denver. We would like to arrive late Wed. night so we have all of Thurs and Fri in Denver...Sat in Estes Park.

Our list of "to-dos" includes Water World, Elich's 6 Flags, the Rodizio ((?) Grill (some all you can eat meat restaurant). Our kids are 19, 18 & 16. Where would be a good place to stay centrally located? We love Marriott's, Wyndhams, etc. but have no idea where to start.

Any ideas?
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:48 AM

There is a Marriott Courtyard right on the 16h ST Mall. About as centrally as it comes. And, I think, there is a Rodizio Grill in LoDo but it has never been high on my list so I don't know exactly where it is in LoDo.
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Both Water World and Elitch's in two days? That's a lot IMHO. I actually prefer Water World over Elitch's, but it is a distance from downtown.

We've never been to Rodizio Grill, but have seen it and been interested in it. We have friends who recommend it.

Also, to feed your teens, you might like the Wazee Supper Club which is in LoDo and has excellent pizza. It's a well-established place with a cool historic atmosphere, too.
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:16 AM
ahc

Rodizio is nice, about $30-$40 pp, and be prepared to eat a lot of meat. Staying downtown is a good idea, I've stayed at the Hyatt, it's new and only a block or so off 16th St Mall. The Wyndham Hotel Teatro is nice as well, but very expensive. I would also check out the Westin Tabor Center, it is probably in the best location downtown, and is a very nice hotel.
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM

I get the impression your weekend in Denver will be soon ; just to clarify, but you'll not be coming the week of the Democratic National Convention? Finding a hotel will be slim to none at this point...

There is a Marriott Hotel on California St, steps from the main drag - 16th Street Mall, where the free shuttle buses run up and down, the shopping and eateries are.

The Courtyard is in a great location On the Mall; no pool though.

There is also a Residence Inn within walking distance - but they only offer Qn beds.

Rodizio Grill is a nice meal, great salad bar also; located on Wynkoop next to the train station
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Tom. We are planning on the weekend of July 23-26th. Any idea how far from downtown area to Water World?

Jul 14th, 2008, 05:11 PM

If you're not driving during rush hour, maybe 20 minutes to Water World from downtown.
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM

FYI: Water World savings ~ bring in a can of non-perishable food and save $6.00 off tx price

Bring a marked can of Diet Pepsi & save $6.00

or purchase tx at King Soopers food store and get 4 tx and lunch for 4 = $110.00

Bring water sox ! and have fun !!