Need comments on Miami trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning to go on Miami trip in April with my 10-yr daughter and 2-yr son. Here is my initial plan:

Flight 3:00 pm at Miami, spend whole night at South Beach. Stay @ Catelina
2nd day: Parrot Jungle & Alligator Farm. Dinner at Versailles.Stay at Doubletree Hotel Coconut Grove.
3rd Day: Heading south to Key Largo. Snorkeling and Dolphin Adventure. Stay at Holiday Inn Kay Largo.
4th Day: Heading south to Key West. Take glass bottom boat ride and sunset cruise.Stay at Sheraton Keywest.
5th Day: Visit Hemmingway House. Back to Miami. Dinner @ Devito's to celebrate daughter's 10 yr birthday. Stay at airport hotel to catch up early morning airplant back to NY.
Need suggestions on 1st day's dinner and Key Largo's dinner. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM

What sort of dining experience are you looking for? Are you planning on taking the little one?
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:12 AM

I just wonder if 5 hotels in 5 days is really neccessary?

At a minimum, Parrot Jungle is right next to South Beach. Also, South Beach to Coconut Grove is about 20 minutes by car.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM

You have a LOT of hotel changing. If I could change just one thing about your itinerary, I would spend the two Miami nights in the same hotel. I don't know how set you are on the South Beach thing, but you could spend 2 nights at the Doubletree in Coconut Grove, and do your beach time on Key Biscayne instead. There is a nice beach park there, but the name eludes me. There might be a toll on the KB bridge, but anywhere you park in South Beach would charge more $$ anyway.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM

This is the 3rd time you have posted the exact same question. Please just top your original thread rather than reposting over & over again. Thanks
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Just registered, anyway, good to know. I would take suggestions about staying at Coconut Grove two nights and enjoy beach at Key Biscayne.

As for last night dinner, we would celebrate daughter's birthday, of course take little one. So any suggestions?