Search

Nashville,TN-

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville,TN-

My DD & I will be in Nashville one night . I was hoping to stay in the Opryland Hotel but that is not to be as it is still flooded out. My husband and I had stayed there in 1982 on our honeymoon and I had wanted her to see it. We had gone to the Amusement park which is not there either and had gone to the Grand Ole Opry. Is that open? We are there to go to the battlefield and to see the Parthenon. Several questions.

Where to stay since Opryland Hotel is closed? Is Priceline good to use for Nashville?

What else to see in Nashville?

Melissa
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM

Hi! Me again!

As far as I know, everything you mentioned (Grand Ole Opry, Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills, which replaced Opryland amusement park)is still closed.

I have used Priceline successfully for a couple of times in Nashville. The most important thing to remember is that the "downtown" zone spans a pretty spread-out area, from downtown proper to out west, closer to Vanderbilt and the West End. The good news is that there are lots of possibilities for free re-bid zones, depending on the * level you want.

I have gotten the downtown Doubletree and the Loews Vanderbilt on Priceline. Check www.biddingfortravel.com to see recent wins. Although I have never gotten it on PL, probably my favorite place downtown is the Hampton Inn and Suites...awesome location (just a block behind the Country Music Hall of Fame), free breakfast and FREE parking (unheard of in DT Nashville, or even the Vanderbilt area--we paid $18/day at Loews last spring.

The Parthenon is cool, as is the Hall of Fame. If you have the time and like music (I do!), the addition of the Studio B tour is very worthwhile.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland We stayed at this hotel one year ago May. It is very close to Opryland. Is a newer hotel and very nice. One of the largest rooms we have ever had.
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 07:06 AM

We just stayed at the Doubletree Hotel downtown on 4th Street July 1-4. We walked to the historic Ryman Auditorium,current location of many Opry performances- We saw Emmy Lou Harris and Wynona. We also walked to the Music District and Waterfront Park with no problem. The hotel is very nice, and the staff was super friendly. We got a rate of $130. on Orbitz, which included a delicious breakfast buffet. It was called a Summer Getaway package. Although we always enjoy the free Hampton Inn breakfast, this was much much nicer.
Valet Parking is expensive here ($24.) so we parked in the public lot across the street, and saved a little. Enjoy Nashville!
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM

For a treat try Las Paletas for popsicles. everything from Avocado to dark chocolate. Best popsicles I have ever had. $2.50 each. I would also drive out and eat at Loveless Cafe.
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Also in Nashville is the Chihuly exhibit at Cheekwood Gardens. On Wed, Thur, and Friday they light the exhibits for night tours. Opry shows are still being performed at the Ryman downtown. Try to have at least one meal at the Loveless Cafe. Everything there is made with love. Which in southern speak means bacon grease! Yummy.
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. Here is a helpful link for all the hot happenings in Nashvegas: http://www.nowplayingnashville.com/
Safe travel.