Nashville hotel help???

Feb 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Nashville hotel help???

My sister, her husband and 2 little ones (3and 4 years old) are planning a trip to Nashville in September.

She is looking for a reasonable priced hotel near all the action (whatever that means). She would prefer one that served a continental breakfast and had a refrigerator.

Any suggestions I could pass along to her?
Thanks
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Have always used Priceline in Nashville and done very well. Granted they only guarantee 2 per room but never had problem with roll away or some alternative. The choices in Nashville are basically downtown or near the Grand Ole Opry Hotel. Years ago, like maybe 15, we stayed just on the edge of downtown, at the Maxwell Hotel. Suggest you do some research on TripAdvisor to find out best rated hotels and also on BiddingForTravel.com, if you decide to do Priceline. There are so many yummy breakfast places in Nashville, like Loveless Motel, that a continental breakfast wouldn't be my deal breaker, but that's my taste. Lots to do for kids, make sure you visit the Tennessee State Museum near the Capitol. Rachel Ray did a segment on eating cheap in Nashville and there are lots of home cookin' meat & 3 kind of places that kids will like as well. Not sure if they are too young to do Belle Meade, a historic plantation just west of Nashville, but my kids really liked it. A fun side trip for the grownups is the Jack Daniels' distillery in Lynchburg which is about 1 1/2 hours south of Nashville and should be nice fall foliage in September. If they do that, go to Miss Bobo's Boardinghouse for lunch, you need reservations. Big, family style fried chicken kind of place perfect for kids.
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Although it is not by "all the action" the Residence Inn Airport was very nice. On the outside it looks like a nice, but older property, but on the inside the rooms were very nice(looked remodled) and came with a great full breakfast. It's not that far at all from Opryland, etc. but you would need a car. Also, you can't hear the planes.
Feb 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at:

NASHVILLE-DOWNTOWN, TN
920 BROADWAY
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37203
615/244-0150

We stayed there on over New Years Eve and where very happy with the location and the hotel. They had a continental breakfast but not a refrigerator in the room - we solved that with coolers. I thought the location was great and we could walk to most of the things were were intersted in. Following is a website with more information:

http://www.hiexpress.com/nashville-dwtn
Feb 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM

I usually stay at Hampton Inn, LaQuinta Inns or Holiday Inn Express. They seem to be pretty consistent and all offer good complimentary continental breakfast buffets.

Some have rooms with refrigerators. You can check the websites. Some hotels have small fridges or microwaves they will bring into the room if you ask.