if not opreyland hotel then which?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:07 AM
peggy

hi,
have not been reading too many nice opinions about opreyland hotel. are there any other nice hotels possibly with an indoor pool?
thanks,
peggy

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:30 AM
d

Opryland is OK...they do have some benefits. Such as several on site eating establishments, pools, lounges, etc. However, they do charge for everything--making toll free calls, parking, etc. I think one of the deciding factors would be what the room rate is when you're going. The other would be what you want to do while in Nashville. The Grand Ole Opry is right next door--you can walk from the hotel if that is an interest. However, if you plan to spend most of your time downtown--maybe staying there and driving out to Opryland once to see it is a better alternative. Loews Vanderbilt is a nice hotel with many restaurants nearby. Check their website to see if they have a pool.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:46 AM
yvonne

Hi Peggy
There are many nice motels/hotels in Nashville. I recommend the Ramada Inn across from Opryland Hotel if you want that area. It does have an indoor pool. Email my friend, Sherrie, at Just Cruisin Plus and ask her to give you info on what is available in the Nashville area. Her email is [email protected]. Her phone # is 1-800-888-0922. And while you are here, come see us at the zoo!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:17 AM
Ann Marie

Hey Peggy! I love to stay at the Hilton Suites, Downtown Nashville. There is so much going on in that area of town, and they have a great breakfast in the mornings...the Embassy Suites is also nice.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 08:26 AM
Kay

I recently stayed a Sheraton in downtown Nashville (next door to the Hermitage which is closed for renovations). Good rate thruExpedia. My room overlooked the state capitol and near performing Arts building. One block down (1/2 block if you go out side door by the gym) Great place for snacks, sandwichs AND expresso drinks--called Provance.
Having said all this-- I also like the Vanderbuilt area..lots of motels and retaurants and coffee shops. This time I was solo and had trurned in my car so I thought downtown was best for me. Also close to Titians stadium.....
You MUST walk around the Operyland Hotel (no charge!) Garden areas are unbelievable--all enclosed under gigantic glass domes.Reminded me of a piece of Hawaii, Las Vegas & Disneyland under one roof...
Good luck...