Search

naples restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
naples restaurants

Neopatrick,
I have only been to Naples one time, but found your restaurant choices very similar to mine. I will be there in a few weeks and would like you to list your favorite restaurants from 1 to 5 with 1 being your favorite. Your list will help me with my dinner reservations. I know this is very broad, but think of it as if you knew a meal was your last, where would you want to go.Thanks and will let you know.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM

kimindelrio:
I am sure Neopatrick will see this, and this will top it for you, but in the meantime, if you type his name into the search this forum bar, you will also get a ton of postings related to Naples restaurants with his recs. ... happy eating !

(I still love Campiello's........that chocolate dessert...)
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

escargot,
What are your top 5?
Kim
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Well, I've only eaten in four that I can remember the name of as worth mentioning - (the others include some rib place I was not impressed with and some place in or next to Tin city which I was not impressed with, etc, ....)

Campiello's, Chops, Trulucks, Tommy Bahamas and one I honestly can not remember the name of one..I have to ask my girlfriend what that one was, I remember enjoying my meal, but that particular one was over 4 yrs ago - the others mentioned I have been to more recently.

frankly, I get stuck on places. The last three times I've been in Naples, I had dinner at Campiello's or Chops..... I know, so boring...but when I enjoy a place, I get "stuck" and look forward to going back. I like everything about Campiello's, the atmosphere, the food.....the location (good for after shopping....and that chocolate dessert !!

You will get far, far, better recs from Neopatrick - compared to other restaurants I 've eaten at in Boston, NYC, Charleston, etc. I can't honestly say I would choose any of these for my "last meal" as you said....so I'm looking forward to Neopatricks list also - when I go to Naples I tend to stay with my girlfriend, we eat out at my favorite place or two and the rest of time we eat in......so maybe this thread of yours will entice me to try somewhere new and of 'last meal' stature !
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Ridgeway Bar + Grill-3rd St.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 04:09 AM

Cafe Lurcat: one of the best in town and my favorite for atmosphere, wine and cuisine. This is owned by the same people as Campiello and is their star restaurant. The bar downstairs is a scene as well.

Campiello: I still love this place but the food seems a little off these days. I ate there twice last week so the review is current. Wine list has not kept up with the others in town.

Trulucks: they have their own fishing fleet near Marco Island. Great fish, perfect service, bring lots money. It is a local favorite. Original restaurant is in Texas.

Blue Provence: charming, authentic, wonderful small house Champagnes. Traditional French country food. Not trendy.

Tommy Bahama: fun, casual and food is better than it has to be given the venue. This is not a place to drink wine. This is a place for the funny drinks and beer.

Not sure where Patrick is. This will top it again for him.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

I live in a small border town where we have burgers and Mexican food and that's about it. Thankfully, my husband travels to some great places. So, when we get out of town, it is all about the food. Will be in Naples 5 nights, but first and last we will be eating at hotel. The 3 nights out I want to make count. Last time we ate at Campiello's, Chops, and nonmemorable restaurant(can't even remember name). Loved both, but Campiello's won as my favorite because of the atmosphere(sat outside and enjoyed people watching and visiting with the locals). Don't know if we should try 2 new restaurants or stay with Chops and just try 1 new one. Sorry, I am rambling but I don't want to make any mistakes. Let me know what you think.