Naples in March

Jan 10th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Rebecca

Naples in March

With all the snow I want to book a FL trip asap. Will it be warm enough in Naples area mid-March to go in the gulf beach water, or should we push back to April
We're going to stay at the Registry Resort...

Jan 10th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Susie

I'd say wait until April, but as a native Floridian the gulf isn't warm enough for me until late may.

Jan 10th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Patrick

Sorry no guarantees. It isn't warm enough for me in the Gulf until about July, but there will be a ton of northerners in the water by March. In fact on my beach walk this morning, I was surprised by a fair number in the water now.
March SHOULD be warm -- in the 70's and even the 80's. But there is no guarantee that there wouldn't be a "cold spell" in the 60's, or even lower. April is similar, maybe a little less chance of the cold spell.

Jan 10th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Susan2

The later you travel the greater the probability of warm weather. Push it to April/May if you can. My favorite times to visit Southwest & Southeast Florida are May and Oct (risk of hurricanes in Oct but over the years we have been very lucky).
Mid-March can be downright cold! On the other hand, it can also be warm but not guaranteed. Why don't you go to www.weatherunderground.com & do an historical weather search? That may help you decide what to do.

Jan 10th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Rebecca

I looked at the weatherunderground.com website (thanks) and it appears the ave. temp would be 78 degrees or so. I would categorize that as warm enough.
We were in Orlando in May once and it was oppressively hot...couldn't do a thing!
Anyone else's advice?