Naples-distance between hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the distance between the Ritz Naples (on the beach) and the Naples Beach Hotel and Club? Is it walkable and if not how long a car ride is it? Any Hotels walking distance (within 2 miles) from the Ritz other than La Playa? Thanks.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 05:51 AM

The Ritz to the Naples Beach Hotel is at least 5 miles down the beach if you were walking. Maybe more. Drive time is about 15 minutes, door to door. You could walk to the Naples Grande Resort from the Ritz, keeping in mind you'd have to navigate Clam Pass, which at low tide, wouldn't be too bad, at high tide, maybe not. You'd definitely have to get wet at either time. Distance from the Ritz to the Naples Grande is probably 1-2 miles, I'm guessing.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 05:55 AM

Last year we stayed at the Ritz Carlton Golf and took their free shuttle to the RC Beach Hotel--it took about 10-15 minutes max to go back and forth.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Can you walk to Naples Grande by street or must it be done on the sand? We are in fact staying at Ritz Golf and plan to take the suttle and spend at least one day at the ritz beach beach. How did you like Ritz Golf? Any pointers or advice on the hotel? Thanks for your replies.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Neopolitan

mollmatt was pretty close about the distance, but there is a bigger problem. Doctors Pass is between the two and you cannot walk the beach across there.

You keep asking about all these places to walk to. I'm a major walker. I walk three miles in Naples nearly every day on a loop. But all these walks you keep talking about are neither practical or possible. Naples is NOT a walking city, at least when you're staying some 10 miles out from the center. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

I'll repeat my idea that you would be wise to rent a car and save money compared your two airport shuttle rides and a couple of taxi trips. But if you prefer to spend more money and also be confined from travel, so be it. Naples has a lot to see. You can't do it by walking.

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM

jsfcbf - I recommend that you rent a car for your vacation. If your concern is about driving in Naples, I assure you that you have no reason to be. We were in Naples in January and February and driving and parking, even on or close to 5th Avenue were very easy.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM

Naples is not a pedestrian city, not many in Florida are. Save yourself all the angst and time, rent a car and you will enjoy your trip more. MP
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Hi jsfcbf, we loved the Golf hotel. It is different from the Beach hotel in that it is more quiet, calm, relaxed. There is a lot of activity at the Beach hotel--I primarily went there to read on the beach--the Ritz has a "private" beach with chairs, towels, a bar, and showers to wash the sand off your feet. We loved our room at the Golf which had a balcony with a garden view. The bed was so dreamy I ordered the sheets and feather mattress. No pointers or tips necessary for this hotel--just relax and enjoy a great trip!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks AnnMarie. Just curious about your view at the golf Ritz. We heard the hotel is nearly full the weekend we are coming. We booked a resort view, which I think is a level down from the golf view. I know it definitely has a balcony.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 04:45 AM

jsfcbf, I'm not sure you'll find a bad view there--beautifully landscaped, the resort is located on a vast piece of lush, green property set far back from the surrounding roads. The back of the hotel faces the golf course, pool, etc.; the front faces the entrance which, if I remember correctly, in addition to landscaping has fountains and a palm tree lined "driveway" leading to the hotel--it's very pretty, very well done. Enjoy!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Unless you are on floor two looking over the parking lot, I don't think you can get a bad view at the Golf resort. As AnneMarie indicated, it is beautifully landscaped.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your advice.