Napili Bay vs. Kaanapali garden view?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:28 AM
gail

Napili Bay vs. Kaanapali garden view?

I am going to Maui in November 2003 for my 20th anniversary. I am trying to decide between a beach front unit in Napili Bay versus a garden view in a high rise type hotel in Kaanapali. (the ocean-view rooms are beyond my budget). I have not narrowed down the exact choices, but would like feedback on the general idea of Napili beachfront with the appeal of having the beach right outside your door, versus the hub of Kaanapali. Thanks!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Nova

Should be an easy decision. Do you want the peace and quiet and tranquility of Napili or do you want to be where the action is in Kaanapali ??

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 05:59 PM
Stash

Been to both...

The action on Kaanapali is pretty tame by 9:00.

My vote would be Napili for sentimental reasons... One of the best beaches and a laid back area...

Stash

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:24 PM
L

I vote for Napili. smaller tranquil beaches, but near Kapalua and a ~20 minute drive to Kaanapali. Also near Sensei suchi.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Patty

Napili anything...and try the Honokawai
Okazuya and Deli between Napili area and Kaanapali, for the best take out food on Maui.
And who really wants to use an elevator in paradise! Ive stayed at the Mauian, and Napili Kai. Ive also stayed at Kaanapali shores, which is okay but its not on Napili Bay!

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:04 PM
barbara

Absolutely Napili. I think it's one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Very low key and beautiful.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 03:23 AM
abc

My vote definitely goes to Napili Bay. It has the best beaches in Maui (Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay) and much laid-back crowds and feel. It's pretty easy to get to anywhere else also.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Bill O'C

a no-brainer in my book. Stay on Napili Bay. If you want night life, you're still only 10 min away from Kanaapali.

Napili Kai Beach Club is wonderfully relaxing on a perfect beach on Napili Bay.

Then again if you are interested in fast pace over privacy and peace and quiet, you may prefer Kanaapali.