Notices

Napa Lodging

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Napa Lodging

We are spending a weekend in Napa soon. Has anyone stayed at the new River Terrace Inn, the Botique Hotel or Napa River Inn? Are these within walking distance of old downtown Napa?
Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 01:34 PM
mrt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unless you have a compelling reason to stay in Napa- don't. Napa Valley really starts at Yountville and moves north through Helena and Calestooga (I spelled it wrong). These townsa re much more interesting. Napa is kind of a nothing place.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with Mrt. Go a little further north and stay in Yountville. We like the Yountville Inn. There are many great places to eat in Yountville and St. Helena. Bistro Jeanty and Domaine Chandon are very good. We like Terra for dinner in St. Helena. The Harvest Inn is a very nice property in St. Helena.
Exploring the town of Calistoga is great! The Indian Springs Resort is our favorite place there. www.indianspringscalistoga.com is the web address. You can read my story on their website. Catahoula's and the Wappo Bar & Grill are very good places to eat in Calistoga.
We drive through Napa on our way to these great places but have never found a reason to stop in Napa. ***kim***
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you both for your help. We have stayed in Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga many times over the last 20 years. We did have reservations in Calistoga, but the Wappo Grill is closed the week we are going. We enjoy Cole's Chop House in Napa, also heard Celadon is excellent and we enjoy the Silverado Trail, so that is why we choose Napa this trip. We have stayed at The Napa River Inn several times - very nice. I will save all your helpful information - thanks so much.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since you are set on Napa, you may want to try Zuzu. www.zuzunapa.com It looks like a nice place for lunch!! ***kim***
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Kal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aloohaaa,
I heard it thru the "Gracevine" that Catahoula may be closing before the end of the year?

We're big Yountville fans and will be down there over Tgiving weekend and meeting some other FFFs at the Tree Lighting/wine/food tasting Festival Friday, 11-28 in case you're there that "soon".
If you choose one of the places you mentioned, please post a trip report. We always give it some thought about staying "in" D'town Napa.